News:

Main Menu

Who's busy?

Started by Farabomb, October 22, 2015, 10:55:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DPSprint

frailer

Quote from: david on June 14, 2017, 03:33:07 PMold and tired... how you doin'?
Geezus.... 2nd that!
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

frailer

Quote from: Skryber on June 14, 2017, 03:42:00 PMSame. I've been going through this divorce and it should all be over beginning of August. All my time out of work has been running the kids around and house hunting with my realtor. Crown Point, IN is on fire right now and people are overbidding houses by $15,000 and selling in less than 24 hours. It got discouraging every time I found one I liked and it was gone in a few hours. I decided to keep my house and the pressman is moving out. He jumped on one and overbid $7000 over the asking price to get it. Earnest money is down and everything is moving along. Feeling better that it's almost over.
You wouldn't believe the nonsense I have endured at this company. Nepotism runs rampant. Worse than the last place. Spoiled brats who fight constantly.
I'm going on 7 years here and got 1 raise at a buck about 5 years ago. I was told I'd be getting a raise in the next few months. I want at least 2 bucks and I'm going to ask for it. Wish me luck.
Funny, was only wondering where The Skrybe had got to, then... pop!
Hang in; divorce stuff must be emotionally draining. Feel for you and the kids.

('drink out a fire hose busy'... I *like* that).
Just for you....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvGGp32_wvw
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Quote from: Skryber on June 14, 2017, 03:42:00 PMSame. I've been going through this divorce and it should all be over beginning of August. All my time out of work has been running the kids around and house hunting with my realtor. Crown Point, IN is on fire right now and people are overbidding houses by $15,000 and selling in less than 24 hours. It got discouraging every time I found one I liked and it was gone in a few hours. I decided to keep my house and the pressman is moving out. He jumped on one and overbid $7000 over the asking price to get it. Earnest money is down and everything is moving along. Feeling better that it's almost over.
You wouldn't believe the nonsense I have endured at this company. Nepotism runs rampant. Worse than the last place. Spoiled brats who fight constantly.
I'm going on 7 years here and got 1 raise at a buck about 5 years ago. I was told I'd be getting a raise in the next few months. I want at least 2 bucks and I'm going to ask for it. Wish me luck.

Well there is one lost soul found...now where the hell did born2print go?

Hey if you really want a $2 an hour raise ask for a $4 an hour raise. I'm serious...owners learn in owners school if someone asks for a raise, no matter how good the employee, never agree to more than half of what they asked for. If it offends them f*** them. If you haven't had a raise in 5 years you probably deserve a hell of a lot more than a $4 an hour raise. On second thought ask for $6. :evil:

The owners of my company are brothers and two of their sons are here too. I know all about nepotism. >:(
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

Why can't nepotism work for me? If anything it's against me, at all times.

Though he has pretty much left me alone lately. He has more than enough shit flying around, pissing me off would just bring everything down around him.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Possum

Missed you Skry, been thinking about you. Luck, luck and more luck. At least somebody on here should get some.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Joe

Quote from: Farabomb on June 15, 2017, 07:09:55 AMWhy can't nepotism work for me? If anything it's against me, at all times.

Though he has pretty much left me alone lately. He has more than enough shit flying around, pissing me off would just bring everything down around him.

Probably works better with parents than siblings, My two owners (the brothers) are constantly bitching at each other.

Joe

Quote from: Possum on June 15, 2017, 07:34:24 AMMissed you Skry, been thinking about you. Luck, luck and more luck. At least somebody on here should get some.

What do you mean? I have loads of luck. It's just all bad luck but that counts right?

Possum

Joe, I officially wish you loads of good luck and blessings. No unicorns or rainbows, though.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

andyfest

Good luck with the raise and everything else in your life right now. Sounds like you are moving on to better things - and Joe is right - ask for a good chunk of a raise and settle for slightly less. Owners....sheesh  :strangle:
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

Syphon

It's been practically dead around her since beginning of the year. Never been like this before. Not putting in forty hours. I have no idea what I would do if shop closes.
Freelance Designer | Illustrator | Photo Editor
iMac • Mac OSX 10.15 Catalina
Affinity Publisher • Affinity Photo • Affinity Designer
Adobe InDesign • Adobe Photoshop • Adobe Illustrator
Adobe Acrobat

Joe

Quote from: Syphon on June 16, 2017, 10:37:00 AMIt's been practically dead around her since beginning of the year. Never been like this before. Not putting in forty hours. I have no idea what I would do if shop closes.

Move on to something much better without driving you batshit crazy?

Syphon

Quote from: Joe on June 16, 2017, 11:06:30 AM
Quote from: Syphon on June 16, 2017, 10:37:00 AMIt's been practically dead around her since beginning of the year. Never been like this before. Not putting in forty hours. I have no idea what I would do if shop closes.

Move on to something much better without driving you batshit crazy?

Too late! Already has a custom laced straight jacket already waiting for me.
Freelance Designer | Illustrator | Photo Editor
iMac • Mac OSX 10.15 Catalina
Affinity Publisher • Affinity Photo • Affinity Designer
Adobe InDesign • Adobe Photoshop • Adobe Illustrator
Adobe Acrobat

DigiCorn

slow again today. Leaving at 12:30

I offered to go to some cold sales calls this afternoon (at a few micro breweries).
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway