Acrobat DC (latest) and Pitstop 13 update 1

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, January 27, 2016, 07:39:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pspdfppdfxhd

Just Quite imposing but we've had the problem ever since updating to the first version of DC.

pspdfppdfxhd

Not having any other major problems with any programs (and we have a lot of programs on this Mac) so it seems to be Acrobat and/or pitstop related. I'm blaming Acrobat because of that annoying green sticky thing that happens.

Joe

Can you remove Quite Imposing and try installing Pitstop and see if the problem goes away?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

pspdfppdfxhd

I could on the weekend, other than that WE ARE functioning, busy and there is no time to lose. (if you know what I mean).

abc

I would definitely recommend contacting our support guys and logging it.

This knowledgebase might give some answers.
https://supportportal.enfocus.com/SupportPortalSolution?id=501D0000000jfc4IAA

pspdfppdfxhd

Thanks ABC, I had already tried those suggestions.

I will try the enfocus support then.

:drunk3:

Tracy

I just had my first experience with the green sticky note come up with DC
anyone else having this problem with DC? 
Is there a solution?

Joe

It does it in Acrobat XI also and the only solution is to close Output Preview if you need to SHIFT+CLICK anything. But if you do that the next time you try to use it and turn a separation off it will probably cause Acrobat to crash.

Tracy

Joe

It will grow on you Tracy...like a fungus! ;D

Ear

So they should name the version Acrobat Umami  :rotf: 
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

DigiCorn

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Ear

C'mon, Corn... you're a fun guy, get on board!
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

DigiCorn

Quote from: Ear on March 23, 2016, 04:53:00 PMC'mon, Corn... you're a fun guy, get on board!
Well, I do enjoy green and sticky... but not in Acrobat
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

pspdfppdfxhd

Well, Enfocus did a remote investigation on the problem and determined it was something with Acrobat.

I think its something to do with the display... some times the color goes weird and the display goes low res or the zoom tool doesnt work. Then if you turn off a color on the separations view it does not work. Maybe its not compatible with my Mac. I dunno, I give up or ask for a new Mac. Its in its 7th year of service.