InDesign CC 2017 data merge

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, June 02, 2017, 07:21:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pspdfppdfxhd

I noticed one thing when updating to InDesign CC 2017..............

The data merge speed is much, much faster than previous. (when exporting to pdf).

Anyone else notice this?

Joe

Haven't noticed anything faster CC 2017 but haven't done any data merge since upgrading.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

seems normal speed to me, but everything I do is FAST

:rotf:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

pspdfppdfxhd

Is that what your wife would say?

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

pspdfppdfxhd

DPSprint

doesnt actually seem any faster to me, but I dont think I have done any very large merges lately

wonderings

What did you update from? The only time I noticed a speed increase was when going from Indesign CS6 to Indesign CC as Indesign became a native 64 bit app and could use all your RAM rather then the limited use it had in CS6.

pspdfppdfxhd

From the CC before 2017 to CC2017. Just one jump.

I noticed it on a very large merge, over 10,000 pages. Seemed to take a half an hour in the previous version, this one only about 5 minutes.

I dunno, was very noticeable to me but if others don't notice it, maybe there's some other reason.

(moon phase, climate changing, who knows).

pspdfppdfxhd

Ooops, it did it again.

375 page 2 sided merge, one side with a 3 inch 600 dpi logo, the rest text, exported in 30 seconds.

Now I KNOW it would have taked about 4 or 5 minutes before.

Farabomb

It's just lulling you into false sense of security, setting you up for your next acrobat crash.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: Farabomb on June 08, 2017, 06:15:29 AMIt's just lulling you into false sense of security, setting you up for your next acrobat crash.

Yes, sometimes I feel like Charlie Brown when Lucy pulls the football away when he's trying to do a place kick.

:vomit:

Tracy

I think your right about it being faster now, I had a 10,000 page merge, that took foooreeevvver to make the pdf previously

DPSprint

ooo now i am excited to do my next 10,000 page merge...

actually no I am not, it took over 13 hours to rip at the indigo!
and that was after res-ing it down a little