Adobe Creative Cloud 2018...

Started by Joe, October 19, 2017, 07:00:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigiCorn

Quote from: Farabomb on October 19, 2017, 11:13:24 AM
Quote from: DigiCorn on October 19, 2017, 10:56:12 AMHere's another big F-U... Suitcase Fusion hasn't updated for CC yet and now auto-activation is gone. And apparently CC sees font names differently, because even when force activated, they don't sync up right. Obviously, there's workarounds, but it's an extra step (for now).
Didn't you post yesterday saying that you don't use font management anymore?  :huh:
I forgot to preface that with saying, "at my old shop." But I also could have been lying/BS-ing. You never know with me.

One + to CC2018. When placing a file now, the "Show Import Options" default is now shown, rather than hidden.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Quote from: DigiCorn on October 19, 2017, 11:24:48 AM
Quote from: DigiCorn on October 19, 2017, 10:56:12 AMHere's another big F-U... Suitcase Fusion hasn't updated for CC yet and now auto-activation is gone. And apparently CC sees font names differently, because even when force activated, they don't sync up right. Obviously, there's workarounds, but it's an extra step (for now).
Didn't you post yesterday saying that you don't use font management anymore?  :huh:
I forgot to preface that with saying, "at my old shop." But I also could have been lying/BS-ing. You never know with me.

One + to CC2018. When placing a file now, the "Show Import Options" default is now shown, rather than hidden.

The stupid-ass document size and position is still NOT remembered if you have application frame turned off in Indy. I hate using the application frame but if you don't your document window is under your toolbar and pallets. FU Adobe.

DigiCorn

Quote from: Joe on October 19, 2017, 11:48:10 AM

The stupid-ass document size and position is still NOT remembered if you have application frame turned off in Indy. I hate using the application frame but if you don't your document window is under your toolbar and pallets. FU Adobe.
But they made the handles on the Reference Point bigger, and way easier to click on (if you use this feature)
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Joe

mc hristel

Quote from: Joe on October 19, 2017, 12:48:41 PMPhotoshop New features summary
Oh good, that new Variable fonts "feature" ("a new OpenType font format supporting custom attributes like weight, width, slant, optical size, etc") won't cause any problems for us since Photoshop is for photo editing.  :sarcasm:

...looks like this has also been added to Illustrator.

pspdfppdfxhd

EmptyWords

Quote from: Joe on October 19, 2017, 11:48:10 AM

This has been a pain in my ass for a very long time with Adobe, since CS6 I have been opening a blank document then position and size it they way I want, so every doc I open with the blank open, will keep the size and position I want, still stupid as hell that I have to do that anyway.
Esko Automation Engine  •  Imaging Engine  •  Nexus  •  Odystar  •  Neo  •  ArtPro  •  ArtPro+ Layout
Esko ArtPro+ Advanced  •  ArtPro+ Essentials  •  Esko PowerStepper/PowerLayout  •  Kodak Preps 8
Hyphen ImpoProof 8400S  •  CGS Oris ColorTuner // Web  •  Epson Stylus Pro 7900  •  Apogee Prepress
Agfa/Screen Avalon  •  Xerox iGen  •  Versant 180  •  Iridesse  •  Mark Andy  •  Heidelberg  •  Kirk-Rudy

pspdfppdfxhd

Y'all missed the best new InDesign feature:

New Document dialog for MENA versions

Now, while creating a document in MENA (Middle East and North Africa) version of InDesign, instead of beginning with a blank document, you can choose from a wide variety of templates which were earlier available for Roman feature set.only. This includes Arabic, Hebrew, and French (Morocco) locales.

DigiCorn

Quote from: EmptyWords on October 20, 2017, 07:00:43 AMThis has been a pain in my ass for a very long time with Adobe, since CS6 I have been opening a blank document then position and size it they way I want, so every doc I open with the blank open, will keep the size and position I want, still stupid as hell that I have to do that anyway.
Just program a Document Setup prior to opening anything.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

TacomaTom

Why don't you just dock the floating tool palette to the left side and the other palettes to the right side of your monitor?
"I'm afraid I prematurely shot my wad on what was supposed to be a dry run, if you will, so I'm afraid I have something of a mess on my hands."

Joe

Quote from: TacomaTom on November 10, 2017, 02:34:58 PMWhy don't you just dock the floating tool palette to the left side and the other palettes to the right side of your monitor?

If you are referring to the document hiding under the toolbars with the application frame turned off it still does it even if you have them docked.