Oh God, the Warning windows!!!

Started by Slappy, December 12, 2018, 09:25:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slappy

Is there ANY way to stop these warning Pop-ups every time I run an Action? I just wanna click and move on!!  :shoots_self:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Joe

How I wish!

Send your thanks to Adobe.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DCurry

I've only recently started getting that warning about InDesign PDFs. Used to be I'd only get it with Illustrator PDFs.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Joe

I think it was introduced as a new feature on the latest version of Acrobat DC. :(

DigiCorn

I guess I'm lucky. I haven't seen that yet.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Slappy

Quote from: Joe on December 12, 2018, 09:49:08 AMI think it was introduced as a new feature on the latest version of Acrobat DC. :(
It should be a Preference in Pitstop though, yeah? Even a "Don't Show Again" checkbox would do the trick.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

scottrsimons

So what, Adobe doesn't know how to make PDFs.
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

Joe

Quote from: Slappy on December 12, 2018, 11:09:31 AM
Quote from: Joe on December 12, 2018, 09:49:08 AMI think it was introduced as a new feature on the latest version of Acrobat DC. :(
It should be a Preference in Pitstop though, yeah? Even a "Don't Show Again" checkbox would do the trick.

In fairness to Pitstop it didn't pop that warning up in Pitstop 2018 until Adobe released the latest versions of CC and DC. We'll have to put a feature request in for Pitstop 2019.

pspdfppdfxhd

What's so dangerous about PieceInfo?

And what the hell IS PieceInfo?

Joe

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on December 12, 2018, 12:35:33 PMWhat's so dangerous about PieceInfo?

And what the hell IS PieceInfo?

QuoteIf a PDF contains PieceInfo, it was saved with editing capabilities from applications such as Illustrator, which may be lost if you edit the PDF with another application.

Removing PieceInfo will make the file smaller, but it won't be possible anymore to import the document in Illustrator.

And now it includes InDesign I guess.

Joe

I actually don't see anything in InDesign about preserving editing capabilities when making a PDF. I think if someone places an Illustrator file with PieceInfo in it into InDesign that it carries that error message over to InDesign ===> Pitstop when you edit that PDF. Either way getting the error message every fricking time you try to edit something sucks.

abc

Adobe introduced it into Indesign 2019, I'll post more details tomorrow.

You can remove the PieceInfo with an Action List

Select All
Remove Metadata > Select Structural Information.

abc

This is what I'v found out from a bit of research. It is not official information and has not been confirmed by Adobe (yet).

Ok, so PieceInfo was introduced in Indesign 2019, as mentioned it was previously in Illustrator to preserve illustrator PDF editing. So if you edit an Illustrator generated PDF file in PitStop or Acrobat it no longer matches the PieceInfo, so normally it's discarded.

Indesign it seems is a bit different. I first saw this from a post on the Adobe forum. https://forums.adobe.com/message/10798894#10798894
And was also referred to this. https://theblog.adobe.com/sneak-preview-import-pdf-comments-in-indesign-cc/

So from the first post it seems that Adobe is embedding information about the file in PieceInfo, but is also using it for the ability move contents between Acrobat and Indesign. So if you use that feature, discarding the PieceInfo will break that workflow.
Regarding the information, the same rules apply as Indesign, and editing will not update the PieceInfo.

Following the links on the Adobe thread lead me to this (via google translate), which you many want to check regarding privacy in Indesign. https://lnkd.in/dKnA87b

Again, none of this is officially confirmed, it's just what I've picked up.
We'll improve the PitStop behaviour in 2019 regarding the Illustrator PieceInfo.