i've quit my job???

Started by prepressure, May 05, 2010, 07:30:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farabomb

Quote from: andyfest on May 05, 2010, 10:10:54 AMI would take at least two weeks or 336 beers...whichever comes first.

Just did the math. Not impossible, I think I could do it in less than 2 weeks. My liver and I would be having some words afterwords though.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

youston

Quote from: Farabomb on May 05, 2010, 10:20:33 AM
Quote from: andyfest on May 05, 2010, 10:10:54 AMI would take at least two weeks or 336 beers...whichever comes first.

Just did the math. Not impossible, I think I could do it in less than 2 weeks. My liver and I would be having some words afterwords though.

Don't think so, man. In fact, I believe that your liver would never speak to you again.

Farabomb

If I drank coors light or maybe got some of that half strength mormon beer he'd be a little upset but he'd get over it. Now if it was cases of Dogfish 60's with a few tactical nuclear penguins thrown in then it's understandable.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

andyfest

It works out to a two-four per day. It can be done as long as you drink in shifts with a nap in between. Lighht beer does make the task less challenging. It does require a time of sobriety & rest afterward so your liver can shrink from the size of a truck hood down to near-normal, but hey that's why we have jobs right?
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

determined

so work is a vacation from drinking? Wow, I never thought of it that way....I have a whole new outlook now
Murphy must have been in printing....

andyfest

It was life-changing for me when I finally realized the true and real reasons of work and vacation....

DigitalCrapShoveler

I drink (Smoke) because I am a miserable person, not because I work. Of course work MAKES me a miserable person. I usually go full Blood Sausage on any kind of vacation. I haven't had one in a few years, but doing nothing is probably the greatest vacation I can think of.
Member #285 - Civilian

David

I can never do "nothing". I'm always bouncing around, even when I'm off.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

andyfest

It's kind of an endless circle. Work can piss me off to the point where I have a few cold ones to relax. After a while I need a vacation from work. On vacation I drink beers all day and need to get back to work to recover....°° hic °°

Chelle

I just got back from the first vacation I've taken in 6 years. I think I'm lining up another one for 6 months from now. I'd forgotten how much fun vacations can be. :laugh:
Due to lack of interest, today has been cancelled....

FACT OF LIFE: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F

frailer

Quote from: Chelle on May 06, 2010, 04:08:55 AMI just got back from the first vacation I've taken in 6 years. I think I'm lining up another one for 6 months from now. I'd forgotten how much fun vacations can be. :laugh:

Hey, welcome back chelle! Require pics for Home Page Gallery, of course. We missed ya!   :group:

Quote from: prepressure on May 05, 2010, 07:30:02 AMhi
i've just quit job as prepress operator after two years,
after two years working i quited so its note quite good feeling

any opinions on this

prepressure, I reckon you deserve a medal to hang in as long as you did there. Joe may have one in the bottom drawer somewhere. I don't think your employers were too clever in the way they approached things. Hope we helped a bit while you struggled with that equipment. Good luck in any new job you take up. And by the way, we managed OK with the Google translator.   :grin:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Chelle

Quote from: frailer on May 06, 2010, 04:48:58 AM
Quote from: Chelle on May 06, 2010, 04:08:55 AMI just got back from the first vacation I've taken in 6 years. I think I'm lining up another one for 6 months from now. I'd forgotten how much fun vacations can be. :laugh:

Hey, welcome back chelle! Require pics for Home Page Gallery, of course. We missed ya!   :group:
Thanks, Frailer! If I ever get thru the zillions that I took, I may get some for you to put up...
Due to lack of interest, today has been cancelled....

FACT OF LIFE: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F