moving image on one page moves on others

Started by wonderings, April 01, 2021, 05:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wonderings

I have an annual report I am fixing up. Customer supplied a PDF. This is a 100+ page perfect bound annual report. I need to do some slight fix ups and adjust some spreads for perfect binding. The issue I am having, and I have never seen this before, is when I move the page number and a graphical element with the page numbering, it moves the same piece on other pages. This would be like moving a master page item in Indesign accept this is in Acrobat DC. Is there a way to unlink these from each other? It would be fine if they had them all in the same place but they are slightly different so I need to adjust a bunch of pages manually.

Joe

Have never seen this happen. Maybe a new feature in Acrobat recognizing content that was on a master page in the page layout app?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

wonderings

Quote from: Joe on April 01, 2021, 07:36:03 AM
Have never seen this happen. Maybe a new feature in Acrobat recognizing content that was on a master page in the page layout app?

My google searches have ended in failure. Could be a new feature, need to do more research. Not a feature I am liking thus far! At least with Indesign I can override master page items if needed, so far I see no way around this. I got the working file from the client to fix that way till I can sort this out.

joch230

I've never used it but if you choose Tools >Edit PDF > Link > Add or Edit
The pointer becomes a cross hair, and any existing links in the document, including invisible links, are temporarily visible. 

Joe

Quote from: joch230 on April 01, 2021, 08:06:57 AM
I've never used it but if you choose Tools >Edit PDF > Link > Add or Edit
The pointer becomes a cross hair, and any existing links in the document, including invisible links, are temporarily visible.

You could also move the page numbers via this method if the number is a single text box. You would need to see if it would move on the other pages though.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.