Any thing nifty in CS 5.5

Started by G_Town, August 31, 2011, 08:49:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G_Town

I finally got upgraded from 3, curious if they've added anything worth while?

gnubler

Isn't there already a thread about the sheer awesomeness of CS5?  :hello:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

G_Town

Quote from: gnubler on August 31, 2011, 09:08:20 AMIsn't there already a thread about the sheer awesomeness of CS5?  :hello:

Didn't see it, aint got the time to search so I just corned it.

gnubler

Quote from: G_Town on August 31, 2011, 09:18:55 AMso I just corned it.

omg  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I crown this "word of the year".
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Skryber

I liked all versions except CS3, so if your app taste is anything like mine, you will be very pleased. I think there's a tutorial on YouTube or somewhere on what's new. I'll see if I can find it.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

David

Quote from: G_Town on August 31, 2011, 08:49:14 AMI finally got upgraded from 3, curious if they've added anything worth while?
you went from 3 to CS 5.5?
If you haven"t noticed yet, it's a ton different.
Indesign, the export PDF thingie is now a background process, you never know when the pdf is done (there's a trick to fix this)
Photoshop has 3D
Illustrator has the zero zero origin moved
Men landed on the moon

anything specific you need to know?
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Skryber

I always have my background tasks box open. It's under Window-Utilities. There is a little progress bar on the dock icon too.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

gnubler

Quote from: david on August 31, 2011, 10:29:03 AMIllustrator has the zero zero origin moved

Is it actually in the right place now? (ULHC)

David

Quote from: gnubler on August 31, 2011, 10:50:20 AM
Quote from: david on August 31, 2011, 10:29:03 AMIllustrator has the zero zero origin moved

Is it actually in the right place now? (ULHC)

yepper, the right place, just like ID and PS
Livin' la Vida Loca

G_Town

Quote from: david on August 31, 2011, 10:29:03 AM
Quote from: G_Town on August 31, 2011, 08:49:14 AMI finally got upgraded from 3, curious if they've added anything worth while?
Indesign, the export PDF thingie is now a background process, you never know when the pdf is done (there's a trick to fix this)
Photoshop has 3D
Men landed on the moon

No just curious, a guy here got it a while back and he's been bitching about it. Of course he really doesn't know how to do anything in CS so I have to consider the source.

Joe

Quote from: G_Town on August 31, 2011, 12:57:39 PM
Quote from: david on August 31, 2011, 10:29:03 AM
Photoshop has 3D
Men landed on the moon

No just curious, a guy here got it a while back and he's been bitching about it. Of course he really doesn't know how to do anything in CS so I have to consider the source.

If he's unhappy I'll trade him two copies of CS2 for it.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

David

I use it (CS5, that is) everyday. Granted, I don't do a lot of prepress production with it, mostly testing, web stuff, a little design, I like it. I had to order CS5.5 for the production Macs just so we could get a copy of ID 5.5.

My rant...    Adobe makes you buy the whole suite (5.5) for just one app to be upgraded, sucks. Upgrading from CS5 to CS5.5 for 300 bucks just to get Indesign 5.5
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Syphon

If you have 45 minutes, this video gives you a preview of what is new Photoshop CS5.
Freelance Designer | Illustrator | Photo Editor
iMac • Mac OSX 10.15 Catalina
Affinity Publisher • Affinity Photo • Affinity Designer
Adobe InDesign • Adobe Photoshop • Adobe Illustrator
Adobe Acrobat