Odd (missing) fonts in PSD

Started by frailer, March 14, 2012, 11:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

I KIB'b this one. From Singapore... in-house people wanted me to do type changes. This missing font warning was enough. Anyone seen these? Some sort of CJK~converted to English/Roman type.    :huh:
Job supplied originally as PSD files. had to Place in Indy for XMF/PDF
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

StudioMonkey

This link gives access to some downloadable .ttf files, including the 2 fonts you need:

http://ftp.ctex.org/pub/tex/fonts/truetype/ttf/

Don't know if this will help though - they look like Chinese to me.
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

frailer

Thanks. CJK fonts aren't really on my CV.   :laugh:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

frailer

Rather than start a new thread... colleague here has (Home/FO) PSD file which, when she goes to save, gives her a missing font message. Fonts and PhSh have never been high on my list. What are the guidelines on this? She should load and activate in, say FEX? Will the Select>All Layers>Text>Convert to Shape work in all instances of missing fonts?

Diddler

You can do a save as and Rasterise the type. I say do a save as, just in case you need the orginal to edit it with changes later.
You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

frailer

Just wondering if there's a b4p sanctioned procedure for getting around it in the absence of the fonts; without doing too much harm. Not that your method mightn't be one of them...   :laugh:

Joe

Quote from: frailer on August 08, 2012, 04:23:22 AMJust wondering if there's a b4p sanctioned procedure for getting around it in the absence of the fonts; without doing too much harm. Not that your method mightn't be one of them...   :laugh:

The official B4P (OK, me anyway) stance is to get the font or replace it.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

missing fonts in a Photoshop file...
not a whole lot you can do other than substitute something that's close to the original, or beg/borrow/steal the one you need.

:shrug:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

frailer

Thanks, have fed it back.  Not something I encounter much.