Acrobat looks like Win7 on Win10?

Started by (Pre)PressingMyLuck, August 25, 2023, 08:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

(Pre)PressingMyLuck

Sometimes especially after using Quite Imposing 5 or Pitstop (latest) Acrobat will kinda hang and change the bar at the top of the window where the minimize/close buttons to look like Win7. That light blue Aero looking theme when it's usually the dark theme, and the buttons change as well. It seems to run slower as well. Closing Acrobat and restarting resets it. 

Also having an issue with Pitstop just hanging and being unresponsive. Can't even just select a different action list or close inspector. The rest of Acrobat seems to work fine. I think these two are unrelated as they don't happen at the same time. The hang seems to be related to the Fix Potential Font Problems preflight. Happens right after that.

Oh, and a blank document with nothing in it does not display white in Acrobat. Same with any unfilled background within a document. But white objects and transparent images will appear white. Does it on both monitors, which are different.

Any ideas?

My coworkers with the same software and hardware, and the IT don't know why, and believe my PC to possessed ;D

It only takes one "aw shit" to wipe out a whole bunch of "atta boys".

Joe

Power off PC. Throw in trash. Buy a Mac. :rotf:

Other than that what resolution are you running on that monitor? When those issues happen try changing the resolution to something else and then back and see if it fixes it. Make sure your video drivers are up to date also.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

(Pre)PressingMyLuck

Video drivers are up to date. It's a very old card as well. Resolution is 1920x1200 on both, which is what Winblows has as the recommended. None of these issues were always here, they started creeping in.

Changing the resolution no workie.

While I'd love a MAC, and use one at home, I don't see that in the cards here. We got these machines when the sales and CSRs upgraded several years ago. The IT guy has told me twice they should have been retired "years ago".

Joe

That is a weird resolution. Standard resolution for HD is 1920 x 1080. What monitor and size of monitor are you using? Will it sync to 1920 x 1080. If so try that even if windows doesn't recommend it.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

(Pre)PressingMyLuck

They will, and no change. It hasn't done the Win7 controls since I posted but the yellow cast is there in the background. Think that Win7 is some kind of compatibility mode kicking in or something?

One is a Samsung SyncMaster P2570 25inch, the other is an old Apple 24". Much nicer picture.

I did some googling, and found similar issues in past years with the yellow cast, but no real answers except to wait for an update from Adobe. Didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to who got it and who didn't.

DigiCorn

I know there's an issue with the order of plug-in installation. You can search this forum for that post, but you have to do Pitstop first, then Quite (or vice-versa - I really can't remember). I had Pitstop, PDFLib Blocks, Quite and FusionPro all installed in plug-ins, and there was a certain order you had to add them or it would go wonky.

[edit] Found it here: https://www.b4print.com/index.php?topic=8134.msg250542#msg250542
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

(Pre)PressingMyLuck

Thanks Corn, unfortunately I do only have the one version of Pitstop, and it was installed first. Also doesn't sound like my issue is as severe as yours was. That musta sucked.