Printing banner length_Epson 7900

Started by frailer, November 22, 2011, 04:00:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Can't seem to get it to print @ 100%... roll paper/banner. Width is OK, but there's a length restriction happening which I can't seem to shake.
Anyone do this stuff?

.... am on A1/Roll paper/banner... in print Settings
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

DigiCorn

Quote from: frailer on November 22, 2011, 04:00:52 PMCan't seem to get it to print @ 100%... roll paper/banner. Width is OK, but there's a length restriction happening which I can't seem to shake.
Anyone do this stuff?

.... am on A1/Roll paper/banner... in print Settings
I do it through EFI. I let Rampage RIP and I set parameters there... it dumps to hot folder, and EFI prints it. As long as its rotated properly and I have correct length set in Rampage, no issues.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

delooch

dont know about the Epson, but my HP occasionally does that when it runs out of memory. usually only happens with rasterized graphics, not vectors.  Ill try to reduce the image data by resampling.. sometimes it works...

i think i misunderstood the issue. are you not able to set the proper print size in the dialogue?

Ear

I'm with Zippy on this one... print through the EFI, lets you have control over such things... when it isn't crashing.  :rolleyes:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

frailer

Quote from: delooch on November 22, 2011, 04:08:53 PMdont know about the Epson, but my HP occasionally does that when it runs out of memory. usually only happens with rasterized graphics, not vectors.  Ill try to reduce the image data by resampling.. sometimes it works...

i think i misunderstood the issue. are you not able to set the proper print size in the dialogue?

Am restricted in length on Black Magic (4 up). In theory, it should, on roll/banner, print to the length, as long as the width is within limits, which it is. My preview should be showing the full length. It's not it's showing it cropped for length, at 100% size.   :huh:

.... I think my fuckwit alarm just went off. Shall get back soon....   :embarrassed:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

frailer

Slight hiccup there. basic arithmetic had escaped me, momentarily. Now 1 up. But same problem with length 'restricting'. Have double-checked it's set on 'roll/banner'. 

Those dimensions to the right of Paper Size are the fly in the ointment.

Have posted over at GDF, out of desperation. I think jimking used to fly the prepress banner there...

Joe

What is the circled numbers? The size of the banner or the size the Epson is restricting you to?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

The length I seem to be restricted to... Happens to be the length of some I previously output. Wondering if some random custom size has got stuck in there.
I have tomorrow to get the last ones out.
Required banner will be 1800 mm. As you can see from the screenshots, it's previewing at correct size, just chopping off lengthways. So the 84.10 is the restricting figure here...

Joe

Did you make sure the roll paper was selected in page setup in Photoshop and then make sure it is also selected when you go to print?

frailer

Quote from: Joe on November 22, 2011, 09:56:44 PMDid you make sure the roll paper was selected in page setup in Photoshop and then make sure it is also selected when you go to print?

In the Print Dialogue...? Looking...

Well, that A1 Roll Paper expands to  'A1 RollPaper - Banner'  Beyond that, everything would be in Print Dialogue anyway, correct?   :undecided:

Joe

No. Page Setup under the file menu in Photoshop. Select your printer and paper in there and then go to File | Print. It seems redundant but I've see printers do strange things if you don't do the Page Setup before opening the Print dialog box. Then double check the paper size in the Print dialog box.

frailer

D'Oh!  Manage Custom Sizes...   :rolleyes:

Joe

Not sure that will work but it's worth a try. Roll should work unless for some reason your printer is restricted to a certain max length. But that kind of defeats the purpose of roll printing.

Joe

Another thought...does your printer have a cutter that cuts the sheet after printing? If so, turn the cutter off and see if it prints the whole thing.

frailer

It's all good. So long as you preset the Custom Size, no problem. Much too obvious earlier...   :rolleyes:    Printing and cutting off like a dream.

See new 190.00 cm length in last screenshot.