'Stretch' bleed

Started by frailer, April 19, 2012, 08:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCurry

I've done the flop method before, but what I don't like about is how obvious it is. I think it works best if there aren't any sharp angles near the bleed to give it away.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Joe

Quote from: DCurry on April 20, 2012, 12:26:23 PMI've done the flop method before, but what I don't like about is how obvious it is. I think it works best if there aren't any sharp angles near the bleed to give it away.

Yeah, it is obvious but if it is trimmed right, and that is a big if, it will end up on the bindery floor.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Quote from: pworden on April 20, 2012, 11:24:13 AMI use "content aware" fill most of the time for missing Pshop bleeds.

I think that is what I had in mind. Was introduced a 2~3 years back/ Promptly forgot about it.  Shall look at Dan's method as well.

Not really relevant to my bleed situation, but this vid's interesting.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

delooch

ive done "flop" method, i thought it was some hack trick i dreamed up, not willing to share from embarrassment... (like a mild spray of adhesive on feed rollers to help with glossy stocks)

Joe

Quote from: delooch on April 20, 2012, 05:19:39 PMive done "flop" method, i thought it was some hack trick i dreamed up, not willing to share from embarrassment... (like a mild spray of adhesive on feed rollers to help with glossy stocks)

Prepress is like war. You do what you gotta do and it's not always pretty. :soldiers:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Joe on April 20, 2012, 05:40:04 PM
Quote from: delooch on April 20, 2012, 05:19:39 PMive done "flop" method, i thought it was some hack trick i dreamed up, not willing to share from embarrassment... (like a mild spray of adhesive on feed rollers to help with glossy stocks)

Prepress is like war. You do what you gotta do and it's not always pretty. :soldiers:

Amen.
Member #285 - Civilian