This site won't load from work anymore

Started by almaink, November 14, 2008, 04:42:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

almaink

No idea WTF happened but I can't get this site to load at work no matter what I do. I think it may have to do with the last security update as everything was working just fine before I installed that. Since I've been busy as hell at home and didn't install that update yet, and I also have the message "another application has changed your network settings" when ever I open Network Preferences, An error many Mac PPC users are getting Google it, I'm guessing the two are somehow related. I tried a few of the fixes that are out there on the net but still can't connect here or to Break.com. Every other web site seems unaffected.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

youston

Alma, I'm having some strange issues on this site as well ... I'm constantly losing connection to the server, but when I reload, everything is cool.

I'm on a PC, but using Safari.

Joe

I haven't had any issues here and I'm fully updated (new iMac! WOOHOO).
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

almaink

Well I flushed out the DNS cache and also rebooted the whole network to no avail. This site and two others that I frequented daily no longer will lode on any PC in the shop, Mac or windows. The odd thing is I can ping and also trace route with no errors.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110

gnubler

You should try clearing Safari's cache, even if you don't use Safari. It seems to work wonders!  :tongue:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Quote from: almaink on November 17, 2008, 05:31:17 PMWell I flushed out the DNS cache and also rebooted the whole network to no avail. This site and two others that I frequented daily no longer will lode on any PC in the shop, Mac or windows. The odd thing is I can ping and also trace route with no errors.

This is odd. Are you sure someone hasn't blocked these 3 sites in your firewall at work? I haven't done anything to the site and as far as I know godaddy hasn't changed anything.

Is it just www.b4print.com/forums and can you also not get to www.b4print.com?

almaink

Believe me I use the clean cache a lot when Safari is in running. No idea how the sites could have been blocked, I didn't do it, and unless bossman did it by accident I have no idea. Think I'll give Verizon a call today and see if they can help. I've done everything I can think of short of a clean reinstall of the OS. And I really can't see it being a Mac or windows issue as I can't connect from any PC at work.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110

Joe

Quote from: almaink on November 18, 2008, 05:46:03 AMBelieve me I use the clean cache a lot when Safari is in running. No idea how the sites could have been blocked, I didn't do it, and unless bossman did it by accident I have no idea. Think I'll give Verizon a call today and see if they can help. I've done everything I can think of short of a clean reinstall of the OS. And I really can't see it being a Mac or windows issue as I can't connect from any PC at work.

That almost has to mean those sites have been blocked at the firewall. I can't think of any other explanation since you can't get to here from any PC or Mac.

G_Town

Quote from: Joe on November 18, 2008, 11:05:37 AM
Quote from: almaink on November 18, 2008, 05:46:03 AMBelieve me I use the clean cache a lot when Safari is in running. No idea how the sites could have been blocked, I didn't do it, and unless bossman did it by accident I have no idea. Think I'll give Verizon a call today and see if they can help. I've done everything I can think of short of a clean reinstall of the OS. And I really can't see it being a Mac or windows issue as I can't connect from any PC at work.

That almost has to mean those sites have been blocked at the firewall. I can't think of any other explanation since you can't get to here from any PC or Mac.

Yea sounds like a snoopy IT troll deciding you spend to much time at b4.

I tell ya if I had a gun with one bullet and I was told to shoot a designer or an IT troll I'd have a real dilemma on my hands.

Ear

Quote from: G_Town on November 18, 2008, 11:54:42 AM

I tell ya if I had a gun with one bullet and I was told to shoot a designer or an IT troll I'd have a real dilemma on my hands.

Shoot the IT Troll... hands down.  :evil:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

G_Town

Quote from: Earendil on November 18, 2008, 12:04:14 PM

BLAM!

Can I get a little help with the body?

Joe

Quote from: G_Town on November 18, 2008, 12:16:35 PM
Quote from: Earendil on November 18, 2008, 12:04:14 PM

BLAM!

Can I get a little help with the body?

Suppose you killed somebody...

DigitalCrapShoveler

Glad you brought it up... that is the next issue of the Strip. Written by Youston, starring Youston, Me, Gnub, Chillbear, G_Town, PB and Joe. Cameos: Ear and Beer. Should be done next week.
Member #285 - Civilian

gnubler

Quote from: G_Town on November 18, 2008, 11:54:42 AMI tell ya if I had a gun with one bullet and I was told to shoot a designer or an IT troll I'd have a real dilemma on my hands.

That's a toughie! If the IT troll category includes tech support operators trained to make snide remarks and false insinuations that they know more than you do, I'd shoot the troll.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Look...it's not that difficult if you line the designer and IT person up correctly and use the proper gun to get them both with one bullet. Work smarter...not harder. :death: