Can anyone open a Print Shop file?

Started by ratintrap, March 01, 2012, 04:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ratintrap

Can anyone open a .SIG file? Webpages that I looked up said that it was created by Print Shop ...

http://www.broderbund.com/c-31-the-print-shop.aspx

Either that or it's an e-mail sig.  :undecided:

delooch

jesus, is someone still using an apple][ ?

Joe

You can try this site and see if it will convert it to PDF.

http://www.zamzar.com/
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

ratintrap

Quote from: Joe on March 01, 2012, 05:57:07 PMYou can try this site and see if it will convert it to PDF.

http://www.zamzar.com/

I tried that yesterday. No dice.

Oh well, I do have an inkjet printout that I could scan if I have to.  :puke:

delooch

hey rat, check you PMs..

i forgot i have a knucklehead that still uses that in fleet..  guess i successfully purged it from my brain

ratintrap

I ended up scanning the inkjet and doing a live trace in Illy just so we could get to work on the ad. I e-mailed you the file delooch. It would be good to have a properly (?) converted version of the .SIG on file.

:yourock:

DigiCorn

Hey Rat,

PM me the file too. I have a little free time to play with it; doing archives right now.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

delooch

well that was an exercise in futility..

sorry rat, i thought she could at least do that, but not how i requested.  the metadata in the file says its a "PrintMaster Gold Document" - whatever the hell that is..

Ill email you what she sent me, totally worthless..

Ear

Send it to me too, Rat old boy.  :grin:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

delooch

oh, her second attempt was even better  :shoots_self:

i remember now why i have a job here.
UPDATE!!! she's on a mission to make this work, her last comment:

"Here's another one without the line and top paw lined up.  How's the quality?"

again, i just asked her to open the f'n thing, and create a high print quality PDF. not re-invent the wheel.

ratintrap

Thanks for all the offers for help folks.  :grin:

I got so busy that I forgot to check back with you later in the day.  :embarrassed:

The live trace of the inkjet is going to work OK, especially since the logo is going to be much smaller than what I scanned from in the final ad.

gnubler

I can just hear the customer now.... "You're a print shop and you can't open a Print Shop file?"

"What kind of shop is this? This is an industry standard file format." Spewed at me once when I told a custy we don't have WordPerfect®.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DigiCorn

Hung out with one of my friends over the weekend, and she was telling me how much she loved Publisher and hated the fact it wasn't on her new computer. "You're part of the problem," was what I told her, and proceeded to lecture her for 15 minutes about why people like here are why I am still gainfully employed in this day and age.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on March 05, 2012, 10:12:48 AMLiar.  :whip:

Lying about what he told her...or about having a friend? :laugh:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.