News:

Main Menu

Delta = POS?

Started by The Stevinator, February 07, 2008, 05:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marktonk

Steve,

I asked on typical drive configuration and here it is.

The drives were as follows:

6 physical hard drives (SCSI)
Drive 1  for the OS
Drives 2 & 3  for the spool directory
Drives 4, 5, 6,  for the bitmaps storage.

The drives were set up in a raid 0 (stripping with no redundancy) the drives are not mirrored.

I am still not sure if this will work, as stated before, we certify platforms and that is what we go with, it keeps many of the variables down.

A couple more questions. Did you print test the DI before buying it? If so, was it running ok with the old PC's? If it was, I would still recommend you go back to the old PC's. If not, I do not know what else can be done. You could call TAC and they may be able to try to help but again we are not familiar at all with the PC you bought and this brings many variables. Or you need someone onsite, but again , they will not know your PC.

Good Luck

Mark
Mark Tonkovich
Heidelberg USA

Vee

I'll bet my nice new pay check -
If you actually call Heidelberg and get them to come out to the shop, they'll fix it or tell you what the problem is.

Service contract is worth every penny. I had one for a LONG time! Sometimes I didn't see a Heidelberg tech for months... but when I needed them, they were there in a matter of hours. Lost production - minimal, and maybe even more important.... aggravation - none.
Just my .02

Vee
It's not the job that's so bad.. it's your attitude.

GO RED SOX!!

The Stevinator

I doubt they would put this under a service contract, as it isn't a "certified" box.  We've ran some tests, but can't figure out what the problem is just yet.  It may be the drives aren't writing data as fast as the processor can compute it.
SJM

Vee

Well then.. sounds like you know the answer. And it would be an easy fix. Put the right box in there and be done with it.
Apparently the "custom pc" is not a sound solution, and causing more problems than it's worth. Then you could have a service contract and life would be good!
Again, just my .02...

I hope you get it worked out.

Vee
It's not the job that's so bad.. it's your attitude.

GO RED SOX!!

The Stevinator

yeah, that was my advice to the owner as well.  but apparently i don't know what im talking about  :azn:
SJM

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: The Stevinator on March 05, 2008, 07:15:43 PMyeah, that was my advice to the owner as well.  but apparently i don't know what im talking about  :azn:

Bosses suck.
Member #285 - Civilian