Reg G5
5 (33.3%)
Both
6 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 15

prepressDog

Do you feel the intel mac is better??

Joe

Quote from: prepressDog on September 17, 2007, 07:38:00 PMDo you feel the intel mac is better??

It depends. If you don't need to run classic it's bettter IMO. If you need classic than it's not better. ;D Thankfully I'm past needing classic.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

doubting_thomas

Ya, what Joe said, and it made my font issues with Quack 6.52 vanish.
Definitely better for me. The owner's wallet, not so much.

David

I'm using an Intel tower right now, it's faster than some of the G5s we have here on some things, but in the long run, it's all about the same.
My G4 (1.25 mhz) with CS2 at home is faster at some tasks, but then again, the Intel is a big shiny new thing with a ton o' ram.

8)
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

born2print

I need one, still waiting... until then I have to borrow the Job Planners PC to do UpFront work (only runs PC) >:(
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

kermit

Quote from: prepressDog on September 17, 2007, 07:38:00 PMDo you feel the intel mac is better??
YES. YES. YES.

- faster
- you can run Windows if you must
- PPC is dead technology as far as Apple is concerned
Rampage JVX, gmg DotProof, Harlequin, Isis, Preps, Pitstop, Full-auto Screen CTP, FinalProof, Epson 98, 48, Hp Z2100, HP 5500 SpinJet, HP 1050c, MassTransit, Rumpus, CommunigatePro, presses

Sparky

Still using a G3 with a G4-500 CPU in it. Getting a new 24" iMac in a few weeks, now if I could just afford CS3 with it ::) since switching jobs I'm not a part of the ASN membership any more and everything I get is out of pocket.
"No well engineered plan survives contact with reality"