Apogee X to Creo Rip

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, January 06, 2009, 06:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pspdfppdfxhd

Okay, I've been trying to find the thread where I first brought this up (to no avail) so I'll just start another.

We've been trying to use Apogee to rip our files before going to the Creo rip on our Konica Minolta 6500 because we are having a lot of issues with transparency, etc. This rip just cannot handle many of the files we get with heavy transparency properly. You'all should think about this before buying this setup. Anyway...it turns out that we could make a hot ticket in Apogee that dumps a pdf into a hot folder in the Creo (which you can navigate to on the network) and it works pretty well EXCEPT... We are using a generic pdf proofer profile that can only rasterize to 720dpi which is not great when you have a very small fine font for example. Our Agfa expert is looking at that for us. I'd like to see that go to 1440 or so. What Creo gets is the rasterized file (tif) in a pdf "wrapper". This file can obviously be huge. We HAVE to use the proofer profile because that does not "screen" the tiff as it would in the 2400dpi file going to film.

I just thought I'd mention this to anyone who may have wondered if this ever worked for us....it's taken about 2 years but we're getting there!

Joe

If you've got Acrobat 9...it does a great job flattening transparency. Maybe then you could just send the flattened PDF to the Konica?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

pspdfppdfxhd

thanks Joe, yeah, we just got Acrobat 9 this week so that's another option to try