News:

Main Menu

Spot Colors

Started by jason, February 27, 2009, 06:47:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jason

In case anyone was wondering, according to Apogee the maximum number or colorants supported by PDFRender is 63.

I know this because I just got a 20pg catalog with 131 spot colors. Each page was built in Illustrator, saved as a EPS and placed into InDesign.

20 Illustrator files.  :laugh:

When you think you have seen it all.

You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude.

DigitalCrapShoveler

I would watch those spot colors like a hawk in Apogee X. I have bit so many times, I absolutely refuse to use Apogee's built in conversion for spots. If the job has spot colors, they will be the only spots in the PDF. Otherwise, I convert them ALL either in the originating app, of with Pitstop.
Member #285 - Civilian

dledbetter

Late chiming in here, we are on apogee X 5.0. I could do more than 50 spots in apogee X 3.5 I know I have done more than 50 at a time, we imprint catalog covers for different vendors and have many spot colors in these jobs. When we upgraded to 5.0 I found out the hard way after imposing one of these catalog jobs that apogee 5.0 would not rip over 40 spots, I had to break the job up into 3 parts to get it to rip to printdrive. I have been told that the latest version 6.0? will handle more than 60 spots but I need it to do 80 +, so for now once I see so many spots in a job I break it up to about 30 spots per job, I wish I could do 60 spots.

Digitalcrapshoveler - I have to agree with spot conversion in apogee X, way to easy to get funky 4/C conversions, I have been round and round on this matter and found that printing out of your application as 4/C is always best if possible.

-Dan