postscript ready for preps

Started by prepressure, July 04, 2009, 12:52:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prepressure

I was wondering how to make a postscript ready for preps and then to send it to rip
without any fonts warning.
I use pc ,acrobat 9.0 and preps 5.3 unitl now i used pdf ready documents but it is really a long proccedure
cuz when i print from preps to composite pdf the i must send it to illustrator to make in rip seperations postscript
I use postscript level3 in my rip so i must use postscript ready files.
Any idea

Joe

What RIP are you using? If you are using PDF's it is better to leave postscript out of the equation. Lets backup here and find out exactly what you are trying to do...

1. What application is being used to create the pages? Adobe InDesign, Quark Xpress, Microsoft Publisher, etc...

2. How are they sending the pages to you? In the native applications or PDF's created from those applications?

3. How are the PDF's created? Direct export or postscripted and distilled?

4. Are the fonts embedded in the PDF? You can find this out by running one of the included Acrobat preflight profiles included with Acrobat...

5. Are you doing any trapping and if so where is this done? To the individual pages or to the imposed flat?

6. You say you are using Preps. Have you tried using Preps "PDF to PDF" mode where you place the original PDF's into Preps and outputting an imposed PDF?

7. What RIP and version of the RIP are you using to process these files? Ae you sure this RIP has to have In-RIP separations instead of taking in the composite PDF?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.