44pp Saddle Stitched Book - Creep

Started by jadunlop, August 19, 2009, 10:22:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Quote from: Skryber on August 21, 2009, 07:26:44 AM
Quote from: Skryber on August 21, 2009, 07:09:55 AMOh, he's ganging an 8 and 4 so he has to number the 4 pager like this:

12 - 1
2 - 11

And then with numbers 3-10, create his 8 pager.

Sorry, Typeman already showed him the proper way to number this. Use his numbering and all should be good.

Yep, lika dis...

Add the first sig (12 pages) then add the second sig twice (16 pages).
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Skryber

Quote from: Joe on August 21, 2009, 10:09:38 AM
Quote from: Skryber on August 21, 2009, 07:26:44 AM
Quote from: Skryber on August 21, 2009, 07:09:55 AMOh, he's ganging an 8 and 4 so he has to number the 4 pager like this:

12 - 1
2 - 11

And then with numbers 3-10, create his 8 pager.

Sorry, Typeman already showed him the proper way to number this. Use his numbering and all should be good.

Yep, lika dis...

Add the first sig (12 pages) then add the second sig twice (16 pages).

Nice!
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

frailer

Quote from: jadunlop on August 20, 2009, 05:41:15 PMThe job is a 4pp Cover on 300g and 44pp Text on 135g.

(...pokes head warily around stage curtain). Still think he's up for 4 sheets to get this stock split mentioned above. We have to do this on a daily basis. Quite often we run 2 separate W&Ts where we woulda run an 8.
1xW&T 4pp.(300GSM).     1xW&T 8pp.+2x16pp Sheetwise. (135GSM).  (Final impo...not Template Sheets).

I'll not embarrass myself further by pushing this barrow again.   :cheesy:

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

jadunlop

Hi guys, guess you'll not be on here on a Friday night though! I work Wed, Thu & Fri Night Shift every week!

I'd like to thank everyone for their help as some of you were correct 100% with the first Sig to be 1-12 and the second Sig 1-16 and also the third. (Being Saddle Stitched!)

I also learned a new thing that Preps also will add Sig 3 for me automatically (Thanks Joe)

I'm amazed with the knowlege on this forum. I guess I'll be a regular here now! lol  :)

Now... just to see if someone can help me aquire a job in Australia!

Thanks again everybody!

Jim

Joe

Quote from: jadunlop on August 21, 2009, 04:20:12 PMHi guys, guess you'll not be on here on a Friday night though! I work Wed, Thu & Fri Night Shift every week!

I'd like to thank everyone for their help as some of you were correct 100% with the first Sig to be 1-12 and the second Sig 1-16 and also the third. (Being Saddle Stitched!)

I also learned a new thing that Preps also will add Sig 3 for me automatically (Thanks Joe)

I'm amazed with the knowlege on this forum. I guess I'll be a regular here now! lol  :)

Thanks again everybody!

Jim

Well, it's Friday night here right now and I'll be here until 2:00 am Saturday morning USA time.

I can't help with the job in Australia though. That would be frailer's location and a few others around here too.

Anyway, glad you got your Preps job sorted.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

born2print

Quote from: jadunlop on August 21, 2009, 04:20:12 PMHi guys, guess you'll not be on here on a Friday night though! I work Wed, Thu & Fri Night Shift every week!

Thanks again everybody!

Jim
Another satisfied customer  :cool:
Welcome to b4p Jim!
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

jadunlop

Forgot you guys are still working in the West of the globe! lol

I'm serious about the Australia thing though, I've just completed a 2 year HNC (Higher National Certificate) in Digital Media in Design and Print so I can hopefully pass the TRA then apply for a Visa. I was in Brisbane last year for 3 weeks with my wife and 2 daughters and we loved it.

It was great finally getting that job to plate! No more  :banghead: for me, well not at the moment anyways!

:puke2: of this Scottish weather though, can't get the kids out on the bikes. My eldest daughter just started primary school on Monday there and it has not stopped raining!  :cry:

Jim

Chelle

Oh - I'm here on a Friday night - not working. I get my wine and come see what trouble everyone's caused during the day since I can't log on at work. :laugh:
Due to lack of interest, today has been cancelled....

FACT OF LIFE: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F

Chelle

Due to lack of interest, today has been cancelled....

FACT OF LIFE: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F

frailer

Jim, I have PM'd you regarding the situation in Australia. You could pick worse places than Brisbane.

You'd need to protect your delicate Scottish complexion with appropriate sunscreen/hat. And lots of deodorant in summer.    :laugh:

Or, you might be a West-Indian Scot...making assumptions.   :undecided:      I've watched Rebus. I know!    :laugh:     ( Best detective TV's from Scotland, IMO.   I'm secretly in love with Jackie, from Taggart. Or Rebus's 2IC. One of 'em, anyway.    :cheesy: )

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.