Problem with Expert fonts in Leopard

Started by ttt, October 27, 2009, 10:02:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ttt

Post Script "Expert" fonts do not work in Leopard. I've verified this on multiple machines and also found a few posts from other users with the same experience, but so far I have not come across any solutions.

Anyone here with information?

Thanks!

Joe

"Expert"? Is that the name of the typeface?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

Ear

I have had troubles with Indesign CS4 not recognizing fonts loaded into suitcase in Leopard. The only way they would load is to put them into the fonts folder within the actual Indesign application folder, which worked quite well.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Joe

QuoteExpert font (Expert set)

An additional font designed to accompany a standard font, providing a range of characters not included in the standard character map. With expert fonts installed, you break the 256-character barrier and can usually achieve the typographic richness of metal, with ligatures, small capitals, old-style figures, etc. Expert fonts are useless without their companion standard fonts.

Do you have the companion fonts?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

ttt

Thanks all.

Found this link on discussions.apple which explains everything.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=9801767�

(See post by Kurt Lang, fourth from the top)

Ear

"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

frailer

Quote from: Earendil on October 27, 2009, 11:27:23 AMWell ain't that a daisy.  :tongue:

Hmmm...but I guess if you were manipulating fonts all day... :undecided:. ...you'd know that sorta detail. Can't quite imagine it myself, but each to their own.
Wish I could say I came from White Bear Lake, though. Sounds more interesting than Sydney. Bet it's cold!   :shocked:

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.