Up to date OSX font info

Started by frailer, December 09, 2009, 12:13:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

...and GRRR...I've just sighted Suitcase XI on a display here.   :angry:  Might follow your suggestion, Joe. Uninstall in his absence.   :evil:
When asked, I could just go....   :shrug:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

gnubler

I might dump Suitcase as well, or at least try out FEX first. Yesterday I tidied out my System Fonts folder to only these:

AppleGothic.ttf
Geneva.dfont
HelveLTMM
Helvetica LT MM
Helvetica.dfont
HelveticaNeue.dfont
Keyboard.dfont
LastResort.dfont
LucidaGrande.dfont
MarkerFelt.dfont  (for the Notes portion of Mail)
Monaco.dfont
Times LT MM
TimesLTMM

And I'm still getting frequent conflict warnings from Suitcase and it refuses to activate some fonts, in particular Times New Roman. I don't get it because there is no effin' TNR in any System folder anywhere. I also ran Font Finagler after doing that and had a chuckle with what I saw...2, 19, 55........and 9,009.  :sleepy:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Farabomb

Gnub, you won't be disappointed. Even the free ones works much better than suckcase ever did. The tools for cleaning out application fonts saves me from a lot of the font headaches I used to have.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

gnubler

I know. I use FEX at home and used it on a production Mac 3 yrs ago. Been forced to use Suitcase at work since then but I'm about to change that.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david