Weird FEX Pro behaviour

Started by frailer, July 25, 2010, 10:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

Quote from: gnubler on July 30, 2010, 10:22:09 AM
Quote from: digital@sig-1.com on July 30, 2010, 09:52:20 AMI just hit post #1,000!!!

Are you *wet* down there?

I know how it feels...
Yes... but not the way you think. It's swamp ass. We are moving our 2-color out of here today, and it's hot and I'm sweating like a whore in church. We've got to clear all the bindery equipment out to make a path for the forklift. My German heritage has left me with an ungodly amount of lower back and shoulder hair.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Quote from: digital@sig-1.com on July 30, 2010, 10:19:38 AMMoot, since I do not yet have Snow Leopard.

You don't have to have Snow Leopard to use it.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigiCorn

Quote from: Joe on July 30, 2010, 10:25:46 AM
Quote from: digital@sig-1.com on July 30, 2010, 10:19:38 AMMoot, since I do not yet have Snow Leopard.

Is it free?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Joe on July 30, 2010, 10:22:33 AM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on July 30, 2010, 10:17:22 AM
Quote from: Joe on July 30, 2010, 10:08:11 AM
Quote from: Captain_Type on July 30, 2010, 08:14:11 AMSorry, Digital Sig1, I don't have an answer for YOUR question, but I was going to suggest downloading and running FontNuke every once in a while to clear the font caches (if you have Snow Leopard), and Applejack for previous versions.
That should clear up a lot of font issues.

Just an FYI....The latest version of Applejack, 1.6, supports Snow Leopard.

Yes, have you seen the gaudy yellow disclaimer it throws up on the screen now? USE AT YOUR OWN RISK... ONLY IF ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY...

Should have been there in previous versions as well. There is always risk associated with using utilities such as these.

No, no, it was, but in V1.6, it's in BIG CAPITAL YELLOW LETTERS.

Yes, it's free.
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

Quote from: digital@sig-1.com on July 30, 2010, 10:25:18 AM
Quote from: digital@sig-1.com on July 30, 2010, 09:52:20 AMI just hit post #1,000!!!

I know how it feels...
Yes... but not the way you think. It's swamp ass. We are moving our 2-color out of here today, and it's hot and I'm sweating like a whore in church. We've got to clear all the bindery equipment out to make a path for the forklift. My German heritage has left me with an ungodly amount of lower back and shoulder hair.

I do believe that falls under "TMI".

DigiCorn

Quote from: digital@sig-1.com on July 30, 2010, 10:26:24 AM

Is it free?
Never mind... found it here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/applejack/

they want a donation. if i use it a lot, i'll see what i can do.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on July 30, 2010, 10:27:19 AM
Quote from: Captain_Type on July 30, 2010, 08:14:11 AMSorry, Digital Sig1, I don't have an answer for YOUR question, but I was going to suggest downloading and running FontNuke every once in a while to clear the font caches (if you have Snow Leopard), and Applejack for previous versions.

Yes, have you seen the gaudy yellow disclaimer it throws up on the screen now? USE AT YOUR OWN RISK... ONLY IF ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY...

Should have been there in previous versions as well. There is always risk associated with using utilities such as these.

Yes, it's free.

I'm sure they just put it in the big yellow letters because some sausage claimed he wasn't warned. It's a SAUSAGE WARNING! :laugh:

Joe

Quote from: digital@sig-1.com on July 30, 2010, 10:29:47 AM
Quote from: digital@sig-1.com on July 30, 2010, 10:26:24 AM

Is it free?
Never mind... found it here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/applejack/

they want a donation. if i use it a lot, i'll see what i can do.

Almost every free software on the planet asks for a donation.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Joe on July 30, 2010, 10:31:10 AM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on July 30, 2010, 10:27:19 AM

Yes, it's free.

I'm sure they just put it in the big yellow letters because some sausage claimed he wasn't warned. It's a SAUSAGE WARNING! :laugh:

It kind of threw me the first time I saw it, being in big yellow letters and all, but I think you're right, it is indeed a "Sausage Warning." :laugh:
Member #285 - Civilian

gnubler

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on July 30, 2010, 08:17:28 AMBTW, I ran Suitcase for many years. FEX is 1000 times better and more dependable.

Ditto, agree, agree.

Once I get set up with FEX all my font issues disappear.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

gnubler

I was going to post similar pics (like DCS) of system fonts folders. All of mine are also empty except System > Library > Fonts which has only the following...(see dump)

All other fonts reside within one main folder on the root of my HD and are managed with FEX.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

gnubler

Quote from: Joe on July 30, 2010, 10:28:30 AM
Quote from: digital@sig-1.com on July 30, 2010, 10:25:18 AM

I know how it feels...

I do believe that falls under "TMI".

Yup. Notice how it was a yes or no question and I got way more than I bargained for.

DigiCorn

I know. I like to give my customers "the bonus plan"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: gnubler on July 30, 2010, 10:47:20 AMI was going to post similar pics (like DCS) of system fonts folders. All of mine are also empty except System > Library > Fonts which has only the following...(see dump)

All other fonts reside within one main folder on the root of my HD and are managed with FEX.

Excellent. A Mantis you are. :kiss:
Member #285 - Civilian

gnubler

When I started my current job and inspected this Mac, I was shocked. There were something like 800 fonts in the Users > Library > Fonts folder and a bunch of crap in the System Fonts folder and there was a broken copy of Suitcase. I shoveled all that crap out (aka I DCS'd it), installed FEX, and haven't had font probs since.