News:

Main Menu

What font is this?

Started by Joe, September 15, 2010, 12:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

I know I've seen but just can't remember the name. Help a guy out and tell me the font name.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

Which guy needs help? :laugh:

Sorry, don't recognize it.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DigitalCrapShoveler

Sorry man, don't recognize it.
Member #285 - Civilian

youston

Looks kind of like Desdemona (except the C isn't right), or Dyer (except the C isn't right)
http://www.urbanfonts.com/fonts/Dyer.htm

DigitalCrapShoveler

I think some of it is custom. It looks like it contains attributes from other fonts. The hardest thing is to decipher which characters are uppercase and which are lower. I spread Joe's file out and ran some identifiers on it, nothing 100% came up. Like I said, it looks like about 4 different fonts merged together to make that.
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on September 15, 2010, 12:46:52 PMI think some of it is custom. It looks like it contains attributes from other fonts. The hardest thing is to decipher which characters are uppercase and which are lower. I spread Joe's file out and ran some identifiers on it, nothing 100% came up. Like I said, it looks like about 4 different fonts merged together to make that.

It could be. I tried whatthefont.com but nothing came back close. And all I have is that crappy low res image and of course I need it to be larger and pristine.

youston

Quote from: Joe on September 15, 2010, 01:17:30 PM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on September 15, 2010, 12:46:52 PMI think some of it is custom. It looks like it contains attributes from other fonts. The hardest thing is to decipher which characters are uppercase and which are lower. I spread Joe's file out and ran some identifiers on it, nothing 100% came up. Like I said, it looks like about 4 different fonts merged together to make that.

It could be. I tried whatthefont.com but nothing came back close. And all I have is that crappy low res image and of course I need it to be larger and pristine.

Oh, is that all? Just photoshop it, man. Geez.  :huh:

DigitalCrapShoveler

I'm sorry Joe. I would offer to redraw it for you, but I have too much on my plate right now. I am really behind on a couple things, and it keeps coming in, so I get farther behind. Is anyone else slammed at work? It is crazy busy up in here.
Member #285 - Civilian

gnubler

Yeah, can't you just Photoshop it? I bet someone else here knows some good tricks you could use!
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

jimking

Joe, I just ran your pic on Graphic Design Forum. Also when letters are connected whatthefon will have issues translating the graphic and most times will not have no answers at all. What you could attempt to do is separate the letters in photoshop and resubmit.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: jimking on September 15, 2010, 01:23:37 PM

Joe, I just ran your pic on Graphic Design Forum. Also when letters are connected whatthefon will have issues translating the graphic and most times will not have no answers at all. What you could attempt to do is separate the letters in photoshop and resubmit.

Read  a few posts up Banana breath. :laugh:
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on September 15, 2010, 01:22:30 PMI'm sorry Joe. I would offer to redraw it for you, but I have too much on my plate right now. I am really behind on a couple things, and it keeps coming in, so I get farther behind. Is anyone else slammed at work? It is crazy busy up in here.

No problem. I'm going to see if they have the font or a high res version of their logo and if not give them choice of something as close as I can find or go with the craptacular image they gave me.

Quote from: youston on September 15, 2010, 01:18:53 PMOh, is that all? Just photoshop it, man. Geez.  :huh:

Yeah, I tried that but evidently I'm not all that great at performing miracles.

jimking

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on September 15, 2010, 01:24:46 PM
Quote from: jimking on September 15, 2010, 01:23:37 PM

Read  a few posts up Banana breath. :laugh:
It could be but it also looks familiar to me, so there butthead.  :neener:

ratintrap

This probably isn't good enough, huh? :cheesy:

Joe

Quote from: ratintrap on September 15, 2010, 03:39:54 PMThis probably isn't good enough, huh? :cheesy:

It might be rat. It's not for print but for the web and you made it really large so it might just look OK when reduced to what I need. I will check later. Right now I'm being harassed with print work.

Thanks.