News:

Main Menu

What font is this?

Started by Joe, September 15, 2010, 12:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimking

Here's a font that is close. If you have this font maybe you can manipulate it in Illy to match. CHI-TOWN.TTF

http://www.dafont.com/font.php?file=chi_town&page=1&nb_ppp_old=50&text=Constru&nb_ppp=50&psize=m&classt=alpha

Joe

Quote from: jimking on September 15, 2010, 05:58:31 PMHere's a font that is close. If you have this font maybe you can manipulate it in Illy to match. CHI-TOWN.TTF

http://www.dafont.com/font.php?file=chi_town&page=1&nb_ppp_old=50&text=Constru&nb_ppp=50&psize=m&classt=alpha

Jim!!!! You are my HERO. It's close enough.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Damn Jimbo, nice job. How long did it take you to find that? I looked for almost an hour.
Member #285 - Civilian

jimking

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on September 16, 2010, 08:08:18 AMDamn Jimbo, nice job. How long did it take you to find that? I looked for almost an hour.
You'll have to ask "Sqawky' over at GDF. I think it took him sometime. I have seen that font before and thought I may have it but don't.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: jimking on September 16, 2010, 08:29:57 AM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on September 16, 2010, 08:08:18 AMDamn Jimbo, nice job. How long did it take you to find that? I looked for almost an hour.
You'll have to ask "Sqawky' over at GDF. I think it took him sometime. I have seen that font before and thought I may have it but don't.

Never reveal your sources. Nice job anyway.
Member #285 - Civilian

pmhapp

I think I just read yesterday that if you follow @font_id on twitter, and you send him a pic, he'll identify the font for you.  Haven't tried it yet, so can't vouch for it.

tapdn

Famous Fonts website has lots from TV shows, bands, movies etc
http://famousfonts.smackbomb.com/index.php
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

Joe

I think I looked for about 2 hours. The bonus is that it was a free font. Which is fine for a web site.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Joe on September 16, 2010, 09:30:39 AM

I think I looked for about 2 hours. The bonus is that it was a free font. Which is fine for a web site.

Of course if the customer just sent the damn thing, none of us would have had to waste a second.
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on September 16, 2010, 09:34:12 AM

Of course if the customer just sent the damn thing, none of us would have had to waste a second.

I asked her for it and she sent me to a site that had free "art" fonts. Some were similar but not as good as Jim's.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Joe on September 16, 2010, 09:36:48 AM

I asked her for it and she sent me to a site that had free "art" fonts. Some were similar but not as good as Jim's.

I'm sorry, she directed you to a free fonts website? What's wrong with that request? The nerve. I suppose she was too busy picking lint out of her bellybutton to do it herself?
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on September 16, 2010, 09:58:21 AM
Quote from: Joe on September 16, 2010, 09:36:48 AM

I'm sorry, she directed you to a free fonts website? What's wrong with that request? The nerve. I suppose she was too busy picking lint out of her bellybutton to do it herself?

Truthfully I'd just a soon not have any "help" so the request to check out the web site was not a problem.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Well, I don't know all the semantics of the job, so I'm sure you have your reasons. I just think it's absurd she can't do what she should have done to begin with, then expect you to do the leg work.
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on September 16, 2010, 10:21:57 AMWell, I don't know all the semantics of the job, so I'm sure you have your reasons. I just think it's absurd she can't do what she should have done to begin with, then expect you to do the leg work.

If it had been done right the first time I wouldn't have the work. :tongue: :laugh:

youston

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on September 16, 2010, 10:21:57 AMI just think it's absurd she can't do what she should have done to begin with, then expect you to do the leg work.

What?!? Are you new to prepress or something?  :huh: