Digital Storefronts and or web-to-print solutions

Started by DigiCorn, December 16, 2010, 04:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

This is heading in the direction of, 'It's pink, damnit!"
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

gnubler

Are you mad cuz your thread's been jacked? Don't be. I jack my own threads all the time.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DigiCorn

Quote from: gnubler on December 23, 2010, 12:51:11 PMAre you mad cuz your thread's been jacked? Don't be. I jack my own threads all the time.
Not mad at all. Where'd you get that from? :wtf:
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

DigiCorn

So, we're getting down to the decision hour. Gnub, you guys moving forward on this? We're leaning towards Prinlinqs. They're cheap, knowledgeable and seem like they're the safe choice.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

gnubler

Yup. I'm doing a demo momentarily with one of them. I got your PM a couple weeks ago and will get back to you on that.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

gnubler

DigiCorn

We signed a PrintlinQs contract. Reading the 188 page manual now. Will be launched by the 28th, supposedly.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

gnubler

Quote from: digital@sig-1.com on January 14, 2011, 10:07:18 AMWe signed a PrintlinQs contract. Reading the 188 page manual now. Will be launched by the 28th, supposedly.

I'm actually checking out their demo sites at this very moment. They still never contacted me.  :shocked: Guess I'll break down and make a phone call here shortly.  :puke:

gnubler

I just spoke w/ a rep at Printlinqs, based in Toronto I think. I'm not sure why, but the Canadian accent never fails to amuse me. I think mostly it makes me think of Kids in the Hall.  :lipsrsealed:

DigiCorn

Yup. They're in Toronto... and most of his customers are in Hamilton it sounds like, eh?
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

gnubler

Ya, eh?  :cheesy:

Anyway, I think they're a bit pricy. Prolly not going to work for us. They charge $1100 to set up each digital storefront. In comparison, Print-Science has a one time setup fee ($499) and you can set up unlimited customer portals.

DigiCorn

Quote from: gnubler on January 14, 2011, 10:52:00 AMYa, eh?  :cheesy:

Anyway, I think they're a bit pricy. Prolly not going to work for us. They charge $1100 to set up each digital storefront. In comparison, Print-Science has a one time setup fee ($499) and you can set up unlimited customer portals.
Print-Science told us $5500 to set up... and everyone else wanted between $27k and $35k... the unlimited portals mean nothing if the people don't know how to set it up... and it doesn't play nice with any existing in-house software, i.e. Prinergy, Rampage, Apogee, PrintSmith, QuickBooks, Metrix, XMPie or FusionPro. PrintlinQs does all of that, and doesn't nickel and dime you on upsells. Plus, you may not get "unlimited strorefronts," but you get unlimited customer accounts, and each may be custom tailored to that specific individual, so it's practically the same thing (sans the unique url).
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

David

I got this dropped on me on Wednesday. Now I'm looking into all of this.
Have either of you made a decision yet or are you still researching?
I read all your links Gnub, thanks, and even checked out the darkside link. Man, they are hard sell.
Haven't had any responses (other than an email response saying their sales team will be getting with me) from some of the demos I was interested in.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigiCorn

Quote from: david on January 14, 2011, 12:17:26 PMI got this dropped on me on Wednesday. Now I'm looking into all of this.
Have either of you made a decision yet or are you still researching?
I read all your links Gnub, thanks, and even checked out the darkside link. Man, they are hard sell.
Haven't had any responses (other than an email response saying their sales team will be getting with me) from some of the demos I was interested in.
We signed with PrintlinQs yesterday.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

gnubler

$5500? I guess you're needing certain integrations that I don't. Here's Print Science's cost breakdown:

http://print-science.com/en/price-usna

I've figured that if we go with the annual subscription it'll cost about $176/mo with a one time $500 setup fee. I guess you're in love with Printlinqs, but I had to contact them 3 times to finally speak with someone and he sounded Canadian!  :laugh: Two hours ago they said they would email me more pricing info and I still haven't gotten anything.  :sleepy: