Here we go again

Started by G_Town, June 16, 2011, 09:34:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

t-pat

is his name Larry? I think I know this joker, or one of his relatives.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

Joe

Quote from: tpatterson on June 16, 2011, 02:54:21 PMis his name Larry? I think I know this joker, or one of his relatives.

Fine?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

t-pat

Quote from: Joe on June 16, 2011, 02:56:08 PM
Quote from: tpatterson on June 16, 2011, 02:54:21 PMis his name Larry? I think I know this joker, or one of his relatives.

Fine?

no... Garlick
vdp donkey

G_Town

Quote from: tpatterson on June 16, 2011, 02:57:21 PM
Quote from: Joe on June 16, 2011, 02:56:08 PM

Fine?

no... Garlick

Nope, not Larry but he is special that's for sure. I can't wait for the next issue to crop up.

t-pat

Quote from: G_Town on June 16, 2011, 02:59:31 PMNope, not Larry but he is special that's for sure. I can't wait for the next issue to crop up.

tellin ya, just make up some stuff that sounds "techie" and he'll leave you alone. Tell him the flux discapacator is interfacing with the endomorphic lithoscope scanner properly and he should go check packing or see if he's not using a die for a different job.
vdp donkey

Farabomb

I love confusing people with big words.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

G_Town

Quote from: Farabomb on June 20, 2011, 07:55:19 AMI love confusing people with big words.

I've mentioned this here before but when a salesman was complaining that a customer OK had a change requested was taking to long I told him that the network was clogged and that I was going to have to run a data snake to clean it out. He went and told the customer that. :lmao:

andyfest

Distortion is only required for raised plates such as those used in Flexo printing, aqueous coating blankets or raised cyrel plates used for spot UV gloss coat. Offset plates should never require any distortion factor to be built in. You would need a s***load of packing to ever require a distortion factor to be built in for a .012 thick plate. Chances are that your new diecutter manager comes from a flexo environment and should be slow-roasted.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

Ear

Ya, y stretch on sheetfed can be easily fixed with packing. Offset web presses get paper stretch in the x direction... it can be compensated with plate distortion in the workflow.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

gnubler

Quote from: G_Town on June 20, 2011, 08:15:33 AMI told him that the network was clogged and that I was going to have to run a data snake to clean it out. He went and told the customer that.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

t-pat

Quote from: andyfest on June 20, 2011, 08:30:04 AM....Chances are that your new diecutter manager comes from a flexo environment and should be slow-roasted.

:lmao:
vdp donkey

Sabrina The Turd Polisher

Quote from: gnubler on June 20, 2011, 08:41:19 AM
Quote from: G_Town on June 20, 2011, 08:15:33 AMI told him that the network was clogged and that I was going to have to run a data snake to clean it out. He went and told the customer that.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I bet the customer believed it, too.
Ambidextrous, Double-jointed Prepress Slave
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david