News:

Main Menu

Upgrade to 12 from 10.6

Started by Stiv, January 31, 2012, 10:22:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stiv

Is there a learning curve or will I hit the ground running?

DigiCorn

We are looking at this as well. I am told it is quite similar, with the addition of ICC file tagging and better jdf support (specifically in regards to Preps 6). The pdf engine is supposed to be better also... but without having done one of the many, many online webinars I've been invited to, I don't know if the UI has changed. I can only assume from what Peter Gorgone has told me that it is the same UI, just with better functionality.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

almaink

I went from 10 to 12 with very little training needed. Basically all they did was automate the archive stuff and make the trap editor better. Version 12 also has lots more features like auto color correcting Word files.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

David

ooooooh, color correcting word files.....   hold me back!!!
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

almaink

Not just word files but anything created in Microsoft applications like Publisher file PDF's are now converted automatically as well. I am still amazed at what Rampage does in minutes, that use to take me hours to do in Illy or Acrobat (Pit Stop).
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

Stiv

:ninja: