Big News! Fuji Acquires RamPage???

Started by mwc, December 05, 2013, 06:12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy

Frailer is the impo that bad in XMF? we are getting XMF beginning of the year.

Grimace

Quote from: Tracy on December 06, 2013, 01:44:40 PMFrailer is the impo that bad in XMF? we are getting XMF beginning of the year.

I think he was saying it the other way around. Sounds like impo is good in XMF. looked good to me in demos i attended.

Tracy

Joe

I would give it (XMF) a nine for its impo for sheetfed stuff. And about a 5 for web press impo. It really is good but not terribly intuitive. And I have found zero useful documentation on it so far unless maybe some XMF users can point me in the direction of some. The Help system within the Client software really isn't all that helpful.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on December 06, 2013, 01:44:40 PMFrailer is the impo that bad in XMF? we are getting XMF beginning of the year.

Congrats Tracy. I think you will like it. It comes standard with 3 days of training and to be honest that isn't nearly enough. Especially if you are trying to bang out other work while training.

mattbeals

Quote from: frailer on December 06, 2013, 01:24:09 PM
Quote from: Joe on December 06, 2013, 11:30:44 AMRampage doesn't have imposition either.

Once you've used XMF's impo you realise what a big negative that is. Guessing most RAMpage user use PREPS for impo?   :undecided:

Many Rampage users use EFI Metrix for imposition. You should look into it. Let me know if you want a webex demo.
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

Tracy

Thanks Joe!
I'm happy about the move to XMF and a little scared too.
I know you guys got my back tho. :wink:

I think we are going to keep my old system in place, just in case for awhile.

born2print

Quote from: Tracy on December 06, 2013, 03:50:07 PMThanks Joe!

Wise move, parallel for a few weeks then ween off of (Brisque?)
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

Tracy

yep, spose to get a new proofer too
It's going to be soooo different

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on December 06, 2013, 03:50:07 PMThanks Joe!

Guaranteed you won't be using Brisque for long after you get XMF running. Do you know yet who is doing your training? My trainer was Robert E. Lee. Seriously. :laugh: He knows his stuff with XMF.

frailer

Quote from: frailer on December 06, 2013, 01:24:09 PM
Quote from: Joe on December 06, 2013, 11:30:44 AMRampage doesn't have imposition either.

Once you've used XMF's impo you realise what a big negative that is. Guessing most RAMpage user use PREPS for impo?   :undecided:

Ooops.  That is.... not having impo in RAMpage. Sorry.

... and geez, Brisque! That was written in the ancient Aramaic Language of prepress, PostScript®, correct?    :laugh:  It will be like removing a large splinter from your foot.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Tracy

Don't know who the trainer is yet.

seriously about the Brisque, I have to manually check and fix so
much, kinda not worried about only having 3 days training
more worried about the impo than anything.

frailer

It's a short, steep learning curve, is all. Diddler, ear, impodave, myself... on hand to ease the pain. You will never look back. Impo was never this easy... apart from PREPS 6, maybe. Or Metrix, (overseen by the same Aussie brain anyway).   :cheesy:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Farabomb

I never was really trained on EVO and since we've been slow I've been poking around and have seen screens I have never seen before.  :shocked:

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

Holy Shit, Tracy; are you still using a Brisque? Damn... that shit was an antique when i last used in back in '03  :old:
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway