News:

Main Menu

Fusion Pro

Started by Trish, January 04, 2017, 12:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trish

Help! I have to merge a job that has 27,400 records (this job is also 2 sided) so that makes it a 54,800 page document.
I have to run this 12 up cut and stack. my XMF system will not allow me. So I have a 12 up document, is there a way that I can tell 1 record to be 1-2000, the the 2nd one to be 2001-4000 and so on. for all 12 up in my layout.
I can't figure it out!
:banghead:
Fuji XMF V5, Mac OS Sierra , Adobe CC, QuarkXpress 2017,  Epson SureColor P9000, Epson Surecolor P6000, Dart 4600S, Komori Lithrone 628, Komori SPICA 429, Heidelberg KORD, Xerox 1000, Xerox 1000i, Xante Impressia.

Tracy

Not sure either but just brain storming
do you have data on both sides?
can you do the data 1-up and then layout?

DCurry

I can tell you that I know it is possible, but I can't tell you how to do it. Pretty helpful, aren't I? It's just that I don't use FP much anymore.

Try looking on the FusionPro forums (http://forums.printable.com/). If there's not already a post detailing how to do this, someone there will point you in the right direction.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Trish

Just data on 1 side. I know with Design Merge, you can do it, but I don't want a file of this size going through InDesign.
I have called and sent an email to FusionPro, but they have not gotten back to me. Seems simple enough, so I know there has to be a way...just need to find it.
Fuji XMF V5, Mac OS Sierra , Adobe CC, QuarkXpress 2017,  Epson SureColor P9000, Epson Surecolor P6000, Dart 4600S, Komori Lithrone 628, Komori SPICA 429, Heidelberg KORD, Xerox 1000, Xerox 1000i, Xante Impressia.

mwc

Absolutely...set your output in FP....
Compose>Output>Output to multiple files

Quote from: Trish on January 04, 2017, 12:37:27 PMHelp! I have to merge a job that has 27,400 records (this job is also 2 sided) so that makes it a 54,800 page document.
I have to run this 12 up cut and stack. my XMF system will not allow me. So I have a 12 up document, is there a way that I can tell 1 record to be 1-2000, the the 2nd one to be 2001-4000 and so on. for all 12 up in my layout.
I can't figure it out!
:banghead:

Trish

I seen that, but my file is 12 up, and I want each of them to be different records. I don't see a way to designate an order to say where I want to start and where I want to end. I don't really want multiple files, I am looking for multiple up on a pdf. I cannot use imposer, since I have a special layout to follow.

Thanks

Tracy

I had to do a 10000pg pdf into indesign same problem
with multipage import you can take pg 1-2000 and put it in the upper left corner
you just need the dimensions of that corner and then do another multipage import 
with pg 2001-4000 and put it in the spot you need for the cut stacks, etc...

Just in case you can't get Fusion pro to do it. 
This works if your running the back separate, if not more complex or too much work?

DigiCorn

mwc is right, as is Tracy. You select a range of records, and the 12-up part is determined by your imposition plan.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Tracy

I tried outputting a 12-up cut stack pdf out of XMF, no worky
Never used cut stack in XMF before tho, I'll try again

If you need a screen shot of the multipage import for cut stack let me know
I know it's not a good way, but it was the only I could figure it out.