xx
Illustrator for prepress.
by swampymarsh
September 18, 2018, 03:32:12 AM

xx
Indesign Spontaneous Swatch Change
by born2print
September 13, 2018, 05:52:20 PM

Topic: Acrobat excessive RAM usage (Read 5344 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Acrobat excessive RAM usage

Reply #105
What version of Mac OS are you using? I am not seeing this with Acrobat DC on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6.
The problem occurs in Yosemite, Sierra and High Sierra.

And El Capitan too.
Was fine until about 1 1/2 weeks ago, then DC started grabbing up ram & VM. No updates to OS, Acro or the only third party plugin, FusionPro. There's also a second thread on Adobe's bug report pages. https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/32123662-acrobat-pro-dc-acrocef-eating-up-21gb-of-memory

Only workable solution I've found, as others on this forum, quit Agrobat when not using it and don't leave it launched for over 1/2 hour (monitoring memory use through Activity Monitor).

Reply #106
We have 14 Macs running Acrobat DC and haven't seen this issue on any of them. Tonight I am going to go buy a lotto ticket! :rotf:
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra | Prinergy 7.5 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Reply #107
Seriously though....have any of you having this issue checked your Console logs when all of this RAM is being consumed? It might point out what process is consuming all of that RAM better than what you see in Activity Monitor.
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra | Prinergy 7.5 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Reply #108
Without reading back through this thread...has anyone with this problem tried creating a new admin account on their Mac and running Acrobat from the new account?
would you believe I am FINALLY getting around to trying this today... will see how it goes when i leave the mac on over the weekend.
at least if it works that will be great... except i will have to get everything to work right on a new login... which will be a pain!