xx
New Windows 10 PC
by Joe
Today at 01:51:50 PM

xx
Illustrator for prepress.
by swampymarsh
September 18, 2018, 03:32:12 AM

Topic: Remove crops that are touching the bleed area (Read 625 times) previous topic - next topic

Remove crops that are touching the bleed area

I'd imagine with enough time & patience (I have neither at the moment) I could modify the Remove Printer Marks script, but has anybody already done that for asshole clients that make crop PDFs with the marks touching the image area??  :banghead:
A little diddie ‘bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin’ the best they can.

Re: Remove crops that are touching the bleed area

Reply #1
Have you tried Pitstop Global change clean up trim area?
I use that to delete marks and then I use the design layout panel to add crops, altho you can add marks there too.
I have the one that Curry created (design layout) I think I modified
It works with the trim box, so the trim box has to be right first.

Reply #2
Usually you can triple click one mark and it will then select all fo them. Then delete. You will need to do this twice. Once for the black crop and once for the white crop.
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra | Prinergy 7.5 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Reply #4
Usually you can triple click one mark and it will then select all fo them. Then delete. You will need to do this twice. Once for the black crop and once for the white crop.
So, 4 marks x 2 sides x 12 files...  :shoots_self:
A little diddie ‘bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin’ the best they can.

Reply #5
Here is the design layout action to add crops 1/8 away from bleed box

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v29ffdzfu0vcu7v/Page%20Boxes_Crops.edl?dl=0
Where do I import that? Pitstop doesn't recognize it.  :-\

oops, found it! New stuff to learn - yay!!  :banana:

Reply #6
So, 4 marks x 2 sides x 12 files...  :shoots_self:

Well the 4 marks would all get selected by the triple click so it would be two triple clicks for each page.
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra | Prinergy 7.5 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Reply #7
It's the Design Layout Panel
Works like a champ
You want to remove your marks with the global change cleanup trim
you can add the marks there too, I can't remember why I don't add my marks there anymore.
I don't add marks back in with cleanup trim area global because it puts the marks 1/16 away from trim box.
yeah, I'm that tedious  :laugh:

Reply #8
Aw damn, lookit that! Thx homette~

Reply #9
I use a droplet for Adobe Acrobat to remove all printer marks. I have attached my droplet to this post if anyone wants it.

It's so frustrating that people put crop marks in the bleed area. Why...why...why...  :git off mah lawn:
Mac • Prinergy 8 • Preps 8 • RBA • Fusion Pro

"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

"Those who make you mad, control you."

Reply #10
It's so frustrating that people put crop marks in

Fixed!

Reply #11
Thanks Scott!
I didn't know about that triple click Joe! Thanks!

Reply #12
The triple click scares me as it looks like it's grabbing more than just the crops. I fully expected it to delete another element like something in the background that I'd miss and get blamed for later.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

It's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Reply #13
The triple click scares me as it looks like it's grabbing more than just the crops. I fully expected it to delete another element like something in the background that I'd miss and get blamed for later.

I use it quite a bit. I like living on the edge. :evil:

Reply #14
...and if you don't have PitStop, you can fix it with a pre-flight fixup in Acrobat DC
"I'm not addicted to cocaine. I just like the way it smells."
– Richard Pryor

“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
― Ernest Hemingway