Business Card order

Started by Designia(o_O), May 09, 2018, 12:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

That's a glossy stock! What is it? 12pt C1S Kromekote?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

AaronH

Speaking of business cards, the ad I'm seeing on this page seems to be having some sort of transparency issue their marketing team didn't pick up, OR they have some fancy checkered sided business cards to compete with MOO's Lux line.

Mac & Windows | XMF | Fiery | Oris

Joe

Only someone in prepress would ever notice that. :rotf:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigiCorn

We had a brief "fad," here last summer where customers got business cards extra thick, and the sides were colored.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

DigiCorn

I think this is unfortunate; it's on the bottom of a customer's card. It's supposed to be USR Scrap, but I always read it as usr's crap.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Slappy

Quote from: DigiCorn on May 11, 2018, 09:06:07 AMWe had a brief "fad," here last summer where customers got business cards extra thick, and the sides were colored.
Huh, I do believe our new shop cards are going to be like that. Flood of a PMS on one side, embossed shop logo (in white) on that side then personal info letterpressed on other side that's pasted with a match color edge in between.

I expect sales to skyrocket by at least .0000000000000000001 instantly.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

DPSprint

our work bus cards are double thickness, with a diecut hole (the company logo) that shows through to a bright colour which is printed on one side of the back sheet.

Actually double thickness cards are quite the rage here... even three x thickness. makes it exciting trying to get them aligned front to back, especially if they have diecut on one side and if they happen to be a black stock (or any other 'interestingly' coloured stock). And they are joined using double sided tape (pre diecut), and put together manually.
 Those jobs do emit a few groans from bindery... and I dont blame them!

we seem to specialize in making the crazy ideas work... kinda LOL

AaronH

Quote from: DPSprint on May 14, 2018, 08:54:06 PMour work bus cards are double thickness, with a diecut hole (the company logo) that shows through to a bright colour which is printed on one side of the back sheet.

We were going to do something like that but all of the local die makers told us it was impossible to make a punch/die for our logo. Kinda bummed because it would have looked awesome, and any chance we get to piss off bindery we go for it.

:rotf:
Mac & Windows | XMF | Fiery | Oris

DPSprint

Quote from: AaronH on May 15, 2018, 10:46:53 AM
Quote from: DPSprint on May 14, 2018, 08:54:06 PMour work bus cards are double thickness, with a diecut hole (the company logo) that shows through to a bright colour which is printed on one side of the back sheet.

We were going to do something like that but all of the local die makers told us it was impossible to make a punch/die for our logo. Kinda bummed because it would have looked awesome, and any chance we get to piss off bindery we go for it.

:rotf:

thats only works if you DONT get seconded into bindery at times... i try not to piss them off too much, or I might just get the shitty jobs

ninjaPB_43

People still use business cards? Huh. Weird.  :ninja:
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

Ear

"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Possum

If you ever catch the original 80's version of the movie American Psycho, there's a hilarious scene of these execs comparing their business cards. So serious about font, type size, paper stocks. Mine's better than yours 'cause I just got new cards with this stock. Yeah, but I've got this font. Unreal.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

scottrsimons

Quote from: DigiCorn on May 11, 2018, 11:50:43 AMusr's crap.

I didn't think US Robotics modem's were crap. Don't know why you would need one now??   :old:
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

Omegared86

Quote from: DigiCorn on May 11, 2018, 09:06:07 AMWe had a brief "fad," here last summer where customers got business cards extra thick, and the sides were colored.

I think its more than just a fad.

The following companies seem to specialize in thick business cards with colored sides.

Oubly

Peppermint Print

Brand Stratos