Lets get started...

Started by prepressDog, September 09, 2007, 06:00:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prepressDog

Well home sweet home...my fav spot.

What type of trap do most use? I don't know too much about traps.
Just was told 2 years ago when I started to use three page setups from the RIP.
Film or Poly .002, .0035, .004?? I use my best guess depending on how big the area is, thin type, etc.
Works most of the time....BUT I hate not knowing things or fully understanding.

I understand trap...but not the tech's. Also, I've wanted to try Indys trap for digital color runs to help sometimes.
Re: Solid black area with pink type. Some weird soup BC I'm working on tomorrow. I get a little miss with the type.
Just played with the Indy trap for a min. Did not seem like it was changing anything.
So I made the black a build 100x4 that worked okay....just plugged up this grayscale screen a little.

Just checking what others do....
Tks!

beermonster

ahh trapping - no not the stuff of nightclubs and pubs and endless smalltalk (read bullshit) with the ladies, but that little overlap of colours to make things look pretty

well, i use a 0.2pt spread on most things, depending on its size. now thats a thing. we get pdf's supplied (packaging here), and we'll check em out then bung em into indy, apply a trap preset (that we've defined) and away we go - thing is, on smaller elements in the project, those "across the board" traps can look too heavy - but its a job by job thing and we have other methods to trap jobs

if its straight indy files we'll trap it manually in indy, and trap any placed/linked files in their native app as well

sounds long winded but it isnt - trapping is quick and easy after a bit of practise
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

doubting_thomas

I trap everything with InDesign @ .002"  Seems to work just fine for us.

Ear

Everything gets trapped in the Xitron Workflow. I use a preset of .003 for sheetfed/heatset tickets and .004 for news. I use a mitre joint style and overlap end style with a sliding trap threshold of 70%, this helps greatly when trapping to gradients and CTs.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

kermit

I use Rampage and .003 for 175 line screen mostly
Rampage JVX, gmg DotProof, Harlequin, Isis, Preps, Pitstop, Full-auto Screen CTP, FinalProof, Epson 98, 48, Hp Z2100, HP 5500 SpinJet, HP 1050c, MassTransit, Rumpus, CommunigatePro, presses

MonkeyBoy

.25 pt trap standard. We've done much larger traps for flexo type stuff but it's been a long time since. Customer sometimes request .375 or .5pt traps. Our rip is fairly interactive for trapping so we have lots of control over how it works. We can spread, choke, centerline all on the same page along with different trap sizes on the same page too. We hardly ever have to do that though.