Postnet Code scanner for iPhone

Started by David, June 09, 2011, 02:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

any of you guys know of a good postnet code scanner that works on an iPhone (or any smartphone for that matter)?

Not a UPC, or a QR, but a Postnet code, you know, for the zip plus four codes on BRC cards and mailers. If you're into variable data, direct marketing, web to print, you may have something already and not know it.

thanks in advance
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

t-pat

I use IMB Reader for Android, but that's for IMB, and obviously for Android. I think it was $4 or something. Works pretty well. Doesn't work for Postnet so I guess that's not what you're really looking for but IMB is kinda better if it's an option for you, we switched over about a year ago and not looking back.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

David

thanks, but it got's to be a postnet scanner
Livin' la Vida Loca

Slappy

Huh, I've never really looked for a scanning app to read postal barcodes. Doesn't seem to be one out there either, although I did find one company sellnig very expensive software to create postal codes on mobile devices. Not sure why you'd want to do that, but I guess there's a market. I'll keep looking for a scanner though, maybe get lucky.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

David

thanks Slappy, appreciate it.
Like you, I couldn't find a mobile scanner, but only some fairly expensive software.
Livin' la Vida Loca