Adobe CC updates only with OSX 10.9 or above

Started by Made in Taiwan, May 01, 2015, 08:33:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Off topic. but 'self-destruct' triggered a memory of a show on here last night. It called Gruen, and looks at te advertising industry with much cleverness & humour.

Guy hosting it, a stand-up... shows footage of poor old SpaceEx's launch pad blowup a couple of weeks back.

"Uh..oh.. someone on board had a Samsung"
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Quote from: andyfest on October 05, 2016, 06:39:03 PM
Quote from: wonderings on October 05, 2016, 02:20:21 PM
Quote from: Joe on October 05, 2016, 01:54:53 PM
Quote from: wonderings on October 05, 2016, 01:45:18 PMI love how they describe Adobe CC as being ESSENTIAL. While I like Adobe CC, it is certainly not essential and most could get away and work fine with CS6.

There will come a time where CS6 won't run on certain operating systems. I'm actually surprised Adobe hasn't triggered a self destruct in it already.

Oh I agree, and for people like me who keep relatively up to date with their Macs it is a must. They are not stating it that way, they are stating it is essential based on the features that come with CC.
I haven't noticed dick-all in CC Illy that I can't do in Illy C6. Most of the "essentials" in CC are in the web-based apps according to the studio guys next door.

I hate to break it to them but their web based apps suck dirty ass.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Tracy

Joe you updating to Sierra?
I will have to talk to Fuji and Joe :laugh: before I update.

Joe

I have installed it at home but not at work. I see nothing really special about it. I guess if you like listening to Siri you might like it. I have that turned off. Apple Mail is a little 'off'. Sometimes it shows the icon in the dock as having email but when I go check there isn't any new email. Also if I create a new mailbox I can't see it until I quit Mail and launch it again. Before I formatted the HD and installed Sierra and Creative Cloud fresh...InDesign was taking north of 4 minutes to start. Now it starts in about 30 seconds. No I am not using an SSD. If I were I'm sure it would be much faster than that now.

I have a spare drive at work that I am going to install it on to test out before I wipe out my whole work iMac. Waiting for a break in the action to get that done but prepress work keeps interrupting my R&D.

Tracy

Farabomb

A thorough wiping is always a good idea before installation.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on October 06, 2016, 12:10:37 PMYou have to wipe the whole thing? dang it!

You don't have to but I prefer to clean out all the garbage that builds up after heavy use. And it sure helped with the speed of CC apps opening on my home machine.

Grimace

Quote from: Farabomb on October 06, 2016, 12:23:47 PMA thorough wiping is always a good idea before installation.
I read that as "insertion"

Farabomb

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

StudioMonkey

Quote from: Farabomb on October 06, 2016, 12:23:47 PMA thorough wiping is always a good idea before installation.
I always wipe before and after . . .
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

DigiCorn

Quote from: StudioMonkey on October 10, 2016, 05:00:28 AM
I always wipe before and after . . .
and from front to back
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway