Main Menu

Weird text box

Started by Tracy, November 17, 2023, 10:45:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy

Does anyone know what this is?
The text in boxes like this does not export to pdf
the only fix is replacing with a real text box
I would like to fix it without replacing I have quite a few of them.

born2print

Is it annotations in a pdf?
oh, nvm, what app is that in?
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

David

looks like something that was copied from 1 app to another. 
Like the text may be in an Illy file, select, copy, paste into Indesign, result you get weird text boxes

not sure tho, just a guess because I've seen similar objects.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Tracy

It seems to be an interactive button, I can see a click button.
on output so far I figured out to select  interactive elements and then include preview
the buttons disappear and the text is there.
haven't proofed it yet to see if bad things are gonna happen
I haven't figured out how to remove this function from indy before output

David

open up the Interactive window (Object menu, scroll down to Interactive) and select "Convert to Object", that will remove the interactive part and make it a regular text box.

hopefully

^-^
Livin' la Vida Loca

Tracy

I'm done with the file (I think)
but where the heck is that object menu? I go to window/ interactive but I don't see it

Skryber

You have to right click the object to bring up some options, go to interactive, then click convert to object.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Tracy

David

Quote from: Tracy on November 17, 2023, 12:26:21 PMI'm done with the file (I think)
but where the heck is that object menu? I go to window/ interactive but I don't see it
the object menu is at the top, next to the File - Edit - Layout - Type - Object - ...

or right click like she said

Livin' la Vida Loca

Tracy

Ah! ok, I was there but was selecting the wrong thing
I was selecting convert to text, but that makes too much sense!  ;D

DigiCorn

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway