News:

Main Menu

Set box by selection

Started by elko, April 08, 2016, 06:00:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elko

Hi
1) I would like to set trim box to the selection (biggest path filled by the spot color) using a action, but "resize trim box to selection" action doesn´t work propetly...it does nothing...... no log, no failure log....... ctrl+alt+T work fine and I need it in an action.... I tried to select another object but the result stay the same

2) Is any possibility to release the big compound path as a step in an action?

thank you

abc

you didn't mention how you were making the selection to fit the trim box to.
Try the attached Action list, it grabs the stroke of the cutter guide

elko

I tried to make the selection using"select object tool", than the "Set Trim Box" command and it works, but  the selection by "select object tool" and than an action contains only the "Resize trim box to selection" doesnt work.....I think the action needs a selection specified by step before and doesnt accepts a selection by "select object tool"......

your action works..... thank you......There are more than one object with same stroke atributes, your action selects the biggest object with the stroke, what it the key for selection in the case there are more objects fulfilling the conditions??

and what about the compound path and the releaving it using an action??...... any idea?

the goal is to make an action that:
1) select the biggest path filled by the "stanzkontur" color and set the trim according this object
2) release the compound path
3) after releasing this path there are two objects......the biger one send to back
4) the smaller one use to make a mask for the whole pdf

or instead steps 2,3,4 to make the mask creating new path from the selection in step 1, the same way as "Offset path" command in Ilustrator (not by scaling tool)

abc

There are more than one object with same stroke atributes, your action selects the biggest object with the stroke, what it the key for selection in the case there are more objects fulfilling the conditions??

Well what you would need is some difference between the objects so that you can select them, that could be positional, or inside/outside a defined area. Maybe best to explain what you want to finally achieve and we can go from there.

You mean the big outside cutter guide? If you can give a bit more detail I might be able to help advise.
Again what's the end result you are looking for?

elko

Quote from: abc on April 11, 2016, 07:02:01 AMThere are more than one object with same stroke atributes, your action selects the biggest object with the stroke, what it the key for selection in the case there are more objects fulfilling the conditions??

Well what you would need is some difference between the objects so that you can select them, that could be positional, or inside/outside a defined area. Maybe best to explain what you want to finally achieve and we can go from there.

You mean the big outside cutter guide? If you can give a bit more detail I might be able to help advise.
Again what's the end result you are looking for?

the compound path is the white stripe around the cutter guide (size 419.9995 mm x 489.9999 mm)

abc

Ok, Manually just select it, then right click, Path  > Compound Path > Release Compound Path.
I used wireframe to select it, but you could just select outside the blue cutter and that might work as well.

Is that ok, or do you want to automate these?

elko

exactly...I need to automate it as a part of an action:

1) select the biggest path filled by the "stanzkontur" color /cutter guide/ and set the trim according this object
2) release the compound path
......after releasing this path there are two objects
3) the bigger one send to back
4) the smaller one use to make a mask for the whole pdf
    4a) select
    4b) send to front
    4c) select all
    4b) make a mask

or instead steps 2,3,4 to make the mask creating new path from the selection in step 1, the same way as "Offset path" command in Ilustrator (not by scaling tool)....it should have the same shape as the path in the step 4

elko

Quote from: abc on April 11, 2016, 07:02:01 AMWell what you would need is some difference between the objects so that you can select them, that could be positional, or inside/outside a defined area. Maybe best to explain what you want to finally achieve and we can go from there.
there is no difference between the objects except the size, and every new envelope needs diffrent cutter guide, so that I am lucky that the action selects the biggest object having the "stanzkontur" stroke color for seting trim box

Today I realized that the action selects all objects so that the trim is set by the biggest