"Useful Design Process Tutorials"

Started by delooch, April 07, 2009, 10:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delooch

frailer

Hope you don't mind me tagging this on here, delooch. Doesn't warrant a thread. I'm a self-confessed flash-tute junkie, when I can.
I now finally "get" Opacity Masks. Corey Barker/Layers Mag...here:

Opacity Masks

They have sadly eluded me until now. Not so much what they were, more how to do them. Explained really well.    :grin:

More mechanics of Illy, not design, but...I could now turn into the OM equivalent of the "Drop Shadow" brigade.    :laugh:

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Adriano

Aren't designers cleaver???
It is almost a pity I have to work with them every day!
Stop encouraging them.
Nothing good will come out from "new techniques"
Only rip errors and transparencies nightmares!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I am having a bad week! :offtopic:
Still not drinking. Never been better

frailer

We've all got the "Buy APPE" gun at our heads, Adriano. It's just a case of convincing the people who allocate the $$ that without it our working days are set to be more and more like your week...      :sad:

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

frailer

BTW, do experienced Illy users tend to have these things checked? I find them annoying...but that may be ignorance/inexperience.    :undecided:

David

I hate that crap popping up as well, I always go to the prefs, click off the annoying do-dads the first thing. I don't think I've ever needed/used the construction guides. The object highlighting annoys the hell out of me.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

Quote from: david on May 05, 2009, 06:39:39 AMI hate that crap popping up as well, I always go to the prefs, click off the annoying do-dads the first thing. I don't think I've ever needed/used the construction guides. The object highlighting annoys the hell out of me.

Are we talking about "Apple-U" here? I must confess, I use smart guides quite often - good for lining up points or selecting a point.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

David

the ones I hate are the little pop ups that tell you "it's a path"...
yeah, I know it's a path, cause it's a vector shape ya ding -a-ling

or the ones that highlight the objects as you hover over them, distracting as hell
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca