"VECTOR MAGIC"

Started by delooch, October 26, 2007, 05:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delooch

Hey, this was on digg this morning, anyone able to check it out? Its always too busy to process my jobs..

some comment that it works better than illy autotrace and corel..

im gonna keep trying..

http://vectormagic.stanford.edu/

jezza

Still swamped Saturday morning UK
one sick prepress mofo

gnubler

Wow. Life just keeps getting easier and easier. I've done two test images with super results.

Before

After

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

jezza

Taht's not half bad at all. How long was the turn around gnubler?
one sick prepress mofo

whoami

This is a great website.  I'm defenitely going to use it.  Looks like turn around time is only a few minutes

pspdfppdfxhd

wow....why are they giving this "magic" away for free??

pspdfppdfxhd

I'm definately bookmarking this site  :'(

gnubler

Quote from: jezza on October 29, 2007, 11:20:46 AMTaht's not half bad at all. How long was the turn around gnubler?

It was lickety-split, about 2-3 minutes from upload to download.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

gnubler

My above squirrel image test was done on all the default settings, with medium fidelity for the trace. High fidelity would have taken longer, I'm sure.

jezza

gnubler, have you made any comparisons with tracing in Illy?
one sick prepress mofo

gnubler

I don't have CS3, and the Auto Trace Tool in CS1 is pretty lame. Has anyone else tried a comparison with Tracing in CS3?

jezza

gnubler please remind me if I don't do it, and I'll check it out in CS2 before I Leopard myself. It's well worth while tinkering with settings for autotrace away from the defaults. There must be settings you can alter in Vector Magic...  ???
one sick prepress mofo

PlateSmith

I always wanted a job at which I did nothing but trace with a pen tool in Illustrator for 40 hours a week.  Now like Plating 40 hours a week, it's on its way to the island of misfit career dreams.   :(
Our old Scitex Unix server has been running strong for 15 years.  We still use it for an occational retrieval.  It's a tank.

almaink

Quote from: gnubler on October 29, 2007, 03:42:03 PMI don't have CS3, and the Auto Trace Tool in CS1 is pretty lame. Has anyone else tried a comparison with Tracing in CS3?

I have it's about the same. I use a plugin called Vektor Forge myself in Illy. It does a better job, more like Streamline.
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/23129
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

born2print

I can't rave enough about Vector magic, really saved me a lot of time today:

Illustrate Bird of Paradise bloom = 3-4 hrs
vs
Use Vector magic conversion of 72ppi image = 1/2hr including final touches in Illy.

More time to play at forums.b4print.com = priceless
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said