10 Cool Mac Keyboard Shortcuts You Never Knew About

Started by David, May 13, 2011, 12:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

Interesting. Didn't know most of them, also prolly will never use most of them.  :azn:

Got a kick out of this bit:

QuoteWhen writing, we often need to quickly look up the meaning of a word; however, it can be a pain to open Dictionary.app and type in the word we want to look up.

A pain, really? People are getting that lazy (and dumb). And god forbid there are those of us who still have one of those "real" book dictionaries on our desk. Sometimes it's just faster to use the fucking book.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

David

I actually have one in a drawer (dictionary, that is), believe it or not.
Livin' la Vida Loca

Sabrina The Turd Polisher

Quote from: david on May 13, 2011, 12:28:57 PMI actually have one in a drawer (dictionary, that is), believe it or not.
I have a spelling dictionary right behind my keyboard. I use it too.
Ambidextrous, Double-jointed Prepress Slave
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david

gnubler

I have English & Spanish dictionaries plus a thesaurus on my desk. I did use an online thesaurus earlier today, though.  :embarrassed:

We've been cleaning house here and there was a big-ass dictionary that's been here since the 50s. It's at least 6-7" thick and not light. My boss took it home because it's fragile.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

David

oh, I don't use it, I just have it around cause it looks cool.
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

Smart prop? Is that why you wear (fake) glasses, too?  :tongue:

David

Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

...to make me think you're smart but you're really not?  :hello:

David

something like that, but I'm not sure, I've been faked out before.
Livin' la Vida Loca

Adriano

Hi all.
Does anyone know a shortcut to delete a file (eg. from an external server) without using the mouse to click delete?
It use to be Command+delete>enter and it was gone.
Now you enter and it cancel the deletion!
I hate it!!!!! :banghead:
Still not drinking. Never been better

gnubler

I'd like to know, I deal with this often (from Mac to PC). Yes, I'm sure I want to delete it...

Joe

Option+Command+Delete will delete it immediately with no warning, no sending it to the trash or anything. GONE! Command+Delete will ask if you are sure you want to delete it. And it has to be the "delete" key next to the "+"/"=" key. Not the "delete" key under the "help" key or to the left of the "end" key.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

Adriano

It works, It works
Thank you Joe
I cant believe it
I tried almost all combinations but this!
Thank you Joe
Still not drinking. Never been better