How many of you are gonna be stuck at macos Mojave?

Started by seratne, May 17, 2019, 03:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seratne

MacOS 10.15 will likely drop support for 32 bit apps entirely. I know for us that means we won't be able to upgrade any further since our version of Apogee Client is 32 bit. Which also means no more mac workstation upgrades either.

What's going to hold you back?

Edit: Also looks like Curve 3, Fiery, FusionPro, and Preps 7 are gonna hold us back.

Joe

We're still running 10.12 mostly here so no big deal yet but like you say if you buy new Macs they will have 10.15 on them. I assume 10.15 won't be out until about September or October. I'm sure it will take Kodak awhile to make Preps and Prinergy compatible.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Slappy

Fortunately working in a shop that's keeping up-to-date and even moving forward with the workflow(s) which is a rarity I guess. Still haven't bit the bullet on Mojave at work, but it's plenty stable I guess, so soon.

Any place that doesn't budget in software/hardware upgrades are really only planning their own demise, at least roll them in incrementally to stay current.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

RMPrepress

I am hoping Kodak is already heading to 64bit as they have had ample time to prepare...probably wishful thinking though.
We have 7 Mac Pro's ranging from 2008 - 2012 so all towers.  We are running macOS Mojave on all of them with a little help from a workaround via http://dosdude1.com/ on the 2008 and 2009 models.  All the Macs have been updated with SSD's and Radeon and NVidia graphics cards that are Metal compatible and some RAM upgrades too.  These Macs are all solid and running very well and with these upgrades the performance is more than suitable for prepress.
Manager/Default IT Guy - 2022 Mac Studio, Apple M1 Max, 64 GB - Ventura 13.6
Kodak Prinergy 10.0, Kodak Insite 10.0 and Kodak Proofing System 10.1
Epson SureColor P9000 w/XRite Spectroproofer - G7 Master Printer
Heidelberg Prinect 2022 + Suprasetter 106 CTP