Help, 10 down to 9 conversion

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, January 22, 2014, 12:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pspdfppdfxhd

Help, need a Quark 10 converted down to 9! (if anyone is lucky enough to have version 10).

Whoever can help, if I win the lottery, I WILL REMEMBER YOU!

I'll have to email the file as it is too large. (over 256kb).

Please!

pspdfppdfxhd

It's ok, we're going to use a pdf supplied by the customer.

Farabomb

PDF from Quark, you sure it's going to be OK?
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

pspdfppdfxhd

Its a very simple 2 color one. SHOULD  be ok.

I didn't even know/care that Quark was up to 10.

Then there it comes in when the whole day has been nothing but gruesome. (taking a deep breath, counting to 10, need some beers).

:drunk3:

pspdfppdfxhd

ahh,
Quote from: pspdfppdfx on January 22, 2014, 02:39:51 PMIts a very simple 2 color one. SHOULD  be ok.

I didn't even know/care that Quark was up to 10.

Then there it comes in when the whole day has been nothing but gruesome. (taking a deep breath, counting to 10, need some beers).

:drunk3:

ahhh.... thats better... :drunk3: :drunk3: so i tried to download the 30 day trial but it only works on OSX 10.7 or above  :drunk3: and we are on 10. :drunk3:6, sooooooo......

I am wondering if Indesign CC will work on 10.6 because we are getting into that soon. The free trial worked, I assume we will be ok. Quark strikes again.... not only do you have to pay for the update which you may not use much, but you have to pay to update your os.  :drunk3: if you are not up to date.  :drunk3:

ahh... thats better  :police:

pspdfppdfxhd

wow, i made a mess of that last message. I should be working for Quark!

frailer

Anyone aware of the version limits (on Quack) for Q2ID? I've had it plugged into Indy 5.5 for about 2~3 years, I think. May look into whether there are updates I can access.  :walker:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

gnubler

Quote from: frailer on January 22, 2014, 06:04:04 PMAnyone aware of the version limits (on Quack) for Q2ID?

Prolly one by one, like downsaves within itself.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

frailer

Quote from: gnubler on January 22, 2014, 09:27:24 PM
Quote from: frailer on January 22, 2014, 06:04:04 PMAnyone aware of the version limits (on Quack) for Q2ID?

Prolly one by one, like downsaves within itself.

Hmm.. if anyone has a piddly l'il Q9 or 10 file, I'd appreciate testing it for conversion.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Joe

I can give you a Quack 8 file. I don't have ver 9 or 10.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

That'd be good. I'll crank it up from there.   :laugh:

Joe

I'll have to make the Quark 8 doc as I can't remember the last time a Quark job came in other than just being PDF's. Give me a bit.

Edit: If Quark 8 will even launch. It's been awhile and I've upgraded to Mavericks since it was last started.

frailer

Just when you get a chance. My gut level feeling is I'm due for one again soon. The good news is that Australia seemed to dump Q much more quickly than elsewhere. UK were the holdouts, as I recall. Used to get a few PITA ones in from there, but the trickle's dried up.

Joe