How to purchase Preps 7 without Prinergy

Started by YenDor, January 05, 2016, 09:43:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YenDor

Does anyone know how to purchase Preps 7 ???

We no longer need or use Prinergy since we are transitioning to digital HP SmartStream workflows.  However, we want to keep Preps to edit templates and impose a few random, large format jobs to plate.

I've tried contacting Kodak through the sales contact form on the website and also called.  I'm guessing they won't take the time for a mere 3 or 4 digit sale.

Thanks in advance.

Joe

Kodak is a pain to deal with. Probably the easiest way would be to purchase it through a graphics art supplier such as XPEDX.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

I will assume you don't already have a copy. I'd figure preps 7 (I'm still on 5 here) uses a floating licence instead of a dongle. A band-aid fix would to keep the prinergy server running on the network but isolate from the internet and perps should work.

I don't think Big K is rushing to sell you Preps alone as you can use it and not be tied to their insanely priced service contract. I don't wonder why they bankrupt.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Preps 7 is a stand alone dongleless application. No need for a dongle or a Prinergy floating license. However if you currently have it running under a Prinergy license Kodak will charge you for a stand alone license before it will run without Prinergy running.

YenDor

Quote from: Joe on January 05, 2016, 10:15:31 AMPreps 7 is a stand alone dongleless application. No need for a dongle or a Prinergy floating license. However if you currently have it running under a Prinergy license Kodak will charge you for a stand alone license before it will run without Prinergy running.

That is exactly what we want... a stand alone Preps 7 license without Prinergy controlling it.  But Kodak will not tell me how to buy it.

DigiCorn

In the past I have purchased Preps from Agfa/Pitman
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Farabomb

That's were we got it when we had printdrive but I think that changed when Kodak bought Preps.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

We originally bought Preps when we were running Nexus and bought it from Oldham Graphics in Springfield, IL. if you are close to there.