"Process Standards" "Calibration Measurement"

Started by The Stevinator, January 28, 2008, 03:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Stevinator

I feel like an idiot, but I've been overworked a lot recently.  My brain is just fried, and hurts.

Here's the deal.  I am attempting to calibrate our Delta RIP for our Speedmaster 74 DI (images directly on press).  I've been reading the calibration manager manual for this RIP, but it just isn't sinking through to me.

Can someone explain more clearly about the "process standards" and "calibration measurement" in relation to how it output's the final dot onto the plate?

We would like to calibrate the press to GRACoL's G7 standard, and have been getting shit results with my modifications.

Thanks,
SJM

LoganBlade

Do you have a delta 7 rip?
What time do you work I could walk through how I did it over the phone if interested.
Can you make plates and take off press before printing (clean plates)
can you read dot?
very easy to go through with understanding.
"dyslexics have more fnu"

The Stevinator

Delta 7.0,

I work roughly 8-5 central standard time, so whatever works for you I'll accomodate.

Yes, we can take them off after imaging.  However, they are processless.  So, basically it Images, then cleans off non-image area with the presses damping system and then drops ink immediately after.  So, I would have to take them off and them clean them by hand.  Which I don't have a problem with.  Just explaining the process.

Yes, we have a Xrite 530 spectrodensitometer, so we can read dot, density, lab, etc....

I think I just need to get my mind around how Heidelberg computes the curves.  I understand the concepts, adjusting for TVI, gray balance, etc....  Just unsure on how to force the calibration manager to do what I want.

SJM

LoganBlade

sent my number to your gmail account. give me a call.
"dyslexics have more fnu"