News:

Main Menu

dropping stuff out ?

Started by Zimmy3, December 19, 2007, 07:58:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zimmy3

I have printer ,I'm sending ps files to .he calls and says the ps files are not working.
Stuff us dropping out.
I made a pdf of the ps file in Distiller and I don't see anything dropping out. The ps file looks good to me.
What is he doing wrong in his workflow set up?

EDIT: Just found out this printer is new to this Heidlberg system.
Because it feels good !

rrobinson

Ownership would string me up and beat me with a hammer if I went direct to a client like that without exhausting the possibility of an internal issue. Doh!
Rob Robinson
EPP Manager
Color World Printers

Kodak Prinergy Connect 3.1.0.6 (RBA/APA) - InSite 4.5 - Preps 5.2.3 - Prepare 2.1 - Lotem 400

Marktonk

Zimmy3,

Do you know what his workflow is? Current is Delta 8.5, MetaDimension 6.5 or PrintReady 3.5. Is there a reason you sent PS instead of the PDF?

Regards,

Mark Tonkovich
Heidelberg USA
Product Manager, CtP & Proofing
Mark Tonkovich
Heidelberg USA

Zimmy3

Quote from: Marktonk  link=topic=780.msg8918#msg8918 date=1198096851Zimmy3,

Do you know what his workflow is? Current is Delta 8.5, MetaDimension 6.5 or PrintReady 3.5. Is there a reason you sent PS instead of the PDF?

Regards,

Mark Tonkovich
Heidelberg USA
Product Manager, CtP & Proofing
He asked for PS.Then he said some stuff is dropping out. Then I tried a PDF,but my PDF was messed up.(didn't flatten correctly out of ArtPro)
So I tried DCS2 this last time and haven't heard back yet.
When I distilled the PS file and the DCS2 file and looked at seps in acrobat,they looked the same.
I do not know what he is on,I think he mentioned Delta.
The printer is Neff Printing, if you have ever dealt with anyone there.
Because it feels good !

Vee

I'm a little confused... if the .ps was ok when you distilled it - then how did it get junked up coming out of artpro...?
I would send him layered PDFs.. 1.5 or 1.6 if there is any trans used. If not, then send PDF 1.4s
In my experience with Heidelberg's RIPs they do a killer job of flattening the PDFs on output. The CPSI is the same from Meta to Delta if my memory serves me correct.. Mark can confirm.
At any rate, I'd bet there is something in between your supplied file and the RIP like Imposition that is causing the kinks..
Hope it helps.

Vee
It's not the job that's so bad.. it's your attitude.

GO RED SOX!!