News:

Main Menu

New Job

Started by Lammy, October 04, 2012, 02:28:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lammy

I just started what is turning out to be a wonderful and amazing new job. Same arena, prepress & digital print, but this place is exploding with work. They're going fast and trying hard to keep up with doing things right, but needed someone with experience in helping organize a growing business.

The best news, the have apogee!!!  They are also already using Azura plates. I think I'm going to ask for some MFG training as the other prepress person here doesn't have any real training on it either, just what my predecessor showed her how to do.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
Lammy ~ Everyone says a monkey can do it, but no one ever asks the monkey!

72+ cases - wood & metal type & sorts • LInotype Model 31 • Hohner B tabletop • Golding #7 Jobber • ATF Little Giant • Heidelberg S Cylinder

Greg_Firestone

Congrats on the new gig. It's always nice to hear about shops being busy and growing.

Greg

Joe

Quote from: Lammy on October 04, 2012, 02:28:26 PMI just started what is turning out to be a wonderful and amazing new job. Same arena, prepress & digital print, but this place is exploding with work. They're going fast and trying hard to keep up with doing things right, but needed someone with experience in helping organize a growing business.

The best news, the have apogee!!!  They are also already using Azura plates. I think I'm going to ask for some MFG training as the other prepress person here doesn't have any real training on it either, just what my predecessor showed her how to do.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Nice to hear. Congrats.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

born2print

Awesome news buddy, good to see you!
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

gnubler

Quote from: Greg_Firestone on October 04, 2012, 02:37:58 PMCongrats on the new gig. It's always nice to hear about shops being busy and growing.

Ditto. This pleases me. You got lucky. My shop is busy but half our work is non-paper related (wide format & apparel).
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

David

congrats Lammy!

cheers!
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

pspdfppdfxhd

:drunk3:grat to hear one of s back in business lammy!

Long weekend here in canada (thanksgiving) outta the job now, fkum all!!!!!

Cheers!

:drunk3: