And now for something completely different...

Started by determined, August 05, 2010, 08:08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

determined

I was remembering a different thread, I guess  :embarrassed:

How'd I miss that one, anyway?

I wonder if you can release the mask from the clipping textlines and fill them (making them vector for real)...I'll have to give it a try
Murphy must have been in printing....

determined

And, yes, you can release the clipping textlines and fill them (you have to delete the image that was the fill before)

Joe

Quote from: determined on August 05, 2010, 10:52:58 AMAnd, yes, you can release the clipping textlines and fill them (you have to delete the image that was the fill before)

Had Adobe just done it right the first time you wouldn't have to go to all of that trouble. :laugh:

determined

yeah and if a frog had wings, it wouldn't bump it's ass a-hoppin'  : :grin:

gnubler

Quote from: jimking on August 05, 2010, 08:57:09 AMI believe you can create vector in photoshop but when you open and re-save the vector becomes raster. It's been awhile since crossing this bridge several years ago and forgot all the details, but that is my understanding.

Yes. Saving as a Photoshop EPS has a checkbox for "Include vector data" or something. But once you reopen the EPS it's all rasterized.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

determined

But here's the interesting part...it was saved out as a pdf and when you reopened it in Photoshop, it opened with layers and even the type layers intact...It just wouldn't save the type in the pdf as vector

Joe

Yeah, as long as you save as a Photoshop PDF you can re-open and edit...just like Illustrator except for the part of Photoshop creating faux vector type.

determined

David

Quote from: determined on August 06, 2010, 06:50:40 AMSo it IS a layout program now   :sarcasm:

ahh, you have snatched the pebble, weeeedhopper
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

DigiCorn

so after all these years, the graphic designers were actually right?  :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm:
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

DigitalCrapShoveler

Anyone who uses PS for a layout app is a buffoon. No, I am NOT being sarcastic.
Member #285 - Civilian

DigiCorn

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on August 06, 2010, 10:27:56 AMAnyone who uses PS for a layout app is a buffoon. No, I am NOT being sarcastic.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on August 06, 2010, 10:27:56 AMAnyone who uses PS for a layout app is a buffoon. No, I am NOT being sarcastic.

Can't argue with that.