PitStop cropping and viewing pages

Started by Stiv, February 18, 2011, 08:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stiv

Currently using PitStop 8, when cropping a multi-page document is there anyway to click through the pages?

I am sending multi-page PDF proofs made from Rampage and am cropping the document to trim size. It would be nice to be able to click through the document one last time to check for bleeds. Are you able to do this in more current versions of PitStop?

Can I do it now but I don't know how?

DigiCorn

Not sure if this is what you're looking for... It's under Tools-->Customize Toolbars
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

mwc

Don't need pitstop to crop pages. (i don't have it installed)
Don't understand....you are having problems navigating thru pages?  (Page up, Page down button on your keyboard...., arrow up, down from the toolbar, show your PAGES navigation panel...view menu-->goto.....etc...

determined

Not sure I understand either, but I just use the right arrow and click thru the entire document....   :huh:
Murphy must have been in printing....

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Stiv

Ok so I have my 8.75x11.25 doc open and I use Control/Apple "T" to crop the PDF and set the crop to .125, I can't seem to click through the pages before I commit to the crop.

I thought I had tried everything already. I can't test it out today, will do it Monday a.m.

Joe

No, you can't change the page displaying behind the crop dialog box. All you can do is change the starting page number as shown here and then entering your crop and the little preview in the crop dialog box will show you your new crop line in the page you typed into the start page box. The downside is that once you change pages you have to enter the crop numbers for the new page again...and again...and again, etc...the easiest thing is to commit the crop and review the pages and if you don't like the crop revert the page and try again.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.