text to outlines in Acrobat

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, October 01, 2007, 08:29:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Quote from: peace flaps on March 19, 2008, 09:23:00 AM(YES - IT WORKS!!)

Yes, it does! Congrats and welcome to the forum. Need anything contact myself, jezza, almaink, frailer, or sparky. Or ask anyone else if we're not around.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

pspdfppdfxhd

Looking over this thread...one expression comes to mind..... PREPRESS DESPERADO!

Yeah, the flatten transparency outlining text trick is indeed a last ditch desperate attempt to get the F*&^$#g job ripped and printed and believe you me, I only use it in such situations. (which is fairly frequently in fact) And I do know the consequences (bolder type, hinting, whatever) but you have to make a judgement call on that one on an on job basis. I recently had to do this trick on a 22x17 inch poster, customer supplied pdf which LOOKED ok, passed all the preflight, fonts embedded etc., but still had reflow problem. The text was BIG, like over 18 points everywhere and it all worked like a charm.

Also, There are times when I have to outline text in InDesign due to the font restrictions crap and you have to be careful there as well for the same reasons. If you ain't thinking in this job you are DEAD unless someone else is covering your ASS!

Tracy

hey!!! i got this to work!  :grin:

determined

Don't know if I'm missing something here, but why not just select the type and under the type tool in the pitstop inspector, use the pull down menu to convert type to outlines?
Murphy must have been in printing....

Joe

Pre Pitstop 7 did not have that option.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

determined

Murphy must have been in printing....